Kitfest.

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Kitfest.

Postby DJ. » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:17 pm

It would appear that one of our members (mentioning no names Linda) has been involved in a photoshoot for this event on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 2658570294

It would appear that there is a new kit car show on 14-16 June 2019 at Santa Pod and there will be a chance to race each other on the strip :lol:

Sounds like it might be a really good laugh. I don't think I'll bother competeing as i'm at least 50 bhp down on almost everyone, but i'd like to see some of the quicker SKCCers going up against each other.

What do you think?

Hammy

Re: Kitfest.

Postby Hammy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:16 pm

AWESOME! Nearly south, since Dettling disappeared thers not much left. Even Stoneleigh is in trouble. Why? dwindling attendance numbers of kit car owners ?????? Bonkers, keep going guys, its the last one and biggest in the world

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:50 pm

urrrgh poor timing for me, otherwise would have popped along - but they picked le mans weekend.

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:46 am

(Can't see the facebook thingy, I don't have an account)

Hey Duncan...….

Doesn't "racing" up a drag strip go against the "fun isn't a straight line" ethos of the club? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Good luck to them for trying something new. I know the "festival" approach has worked with certain very dedicated followers of such brands as VW and Ford. I'd be very interested to know if this would appeal to the majority of the kit car owning fraternity a) because of the festival element and b) because of the "race your mates" element.

In terms of the drag racing I'm not sure how much success would be down to pound notes rather than skill levels... Here's an idea - they should get Westfield or someone to put up 2 identical cars and then mates can race each other in those, for me that would be a much more interesting challenge and power, money spent etc wouldn't then be a factor. Just a thought!

I don't have the answers to the questions I've raised but hopefully it will be a success for them in 2019 and beyond.

Thanks for posting up, always interesting to hear of new events on the horizon.

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Weathers wrote:Doesn't "racing" up a drag strip go against the "fun isn't a straight line" ethos of the club? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps we could put some cones out on the strip? :D

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Fury1630 wrote:
Weathers wrote:Doesn't "racing" up a drag strip go against the "fun isn't a straight line" ethos of the club? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps we could put some cones out on the strip? :D

Slalom drag strip :lol:
Matt and I was talking saying what’s better pinto versus zetec
Perhaps v8 versus BEC :lol:
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Jay

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:05 pm

Or see who can leave the biggest pair of elevens up the strip

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:19 pm

That sounds like a challenge :mrgreen:

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:26 pm

My take on this is, I would certainly look at going to this event instead of Stoneleigh. My thoughts on Stoneleigh were left on a previous piece on here a week ago or so.
I wouldn't be interested in going up or down the strip but would be interested to see various cars doing it.
The interesting thing is that there are people out there trying to do something for the kit car fraternity so good luck to them for trying something different.

Well done Duncan for putting this up.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Jay wrote:Or see who can leave the biggest pair of elevens up the strip

DJ. wrote:That sounds like a challenge :mrgreen:

Can I borrow your tyres Duncan?..
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Return to “Car Related Discussion”