Locost ''Eleanor'' Rebuild

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

locost220

Re: Locost ''Eleanor'' Rebuild

Postby locost220 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:11 am

Work underway on the inlet side trim.
Attachments
524B9A23-6CB8-43DD-AD95-5800868FA58F.jpeg
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:56 pm

wow Rich, that feeling must of been priceless mate, starting it up, a drive down the drive superb.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:21 pm

Sounds like you're nearly there Rich. Good luck with the final push.
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:41 pm

24 hrs of mixed emotions, starting with a final clear out of the car last night in preparation for the visit to the vinyl wrappers today, also decided to charge the battery since Sunday after driving it back in the garage.
Took it of charge last night and despite loads of cranking and peddling the car refused to start or fire more than 1 and 1/2 cylinders, check supply to ECU, only had a spark from the timing light on no 3 ht lead, loads of fuel pressure, after a few more try’s I whipped out the plugs for a toasting on the gas cooker and spin it over to clear the cylinder, still no better so decided to leave it alone and did some easy stuff like put up a new led light and prep the Ali trim.
So today we took the car on a lorry to the place in Bromley arriving early for a change I had a quick chat with one of the tech to remind them it was protective clear vinyl over the rear arches only.

Had a call whilst in the garage a couple of hrs later to let me know that whilst removing the DIY trim I tried fitting myself ( they said leave it on as some protection till the day ) it had pulled some of the dark blue of the rear arch ( that arch just does not want to be blue ), after telling me the extent of the issue I said crack on as planned as any touch up I could go and do would still not blend on well.
Few more hrs in garage preparing the bonnet trims and the tip for the accelerator pedal cover in the media blaster ready for powder coating, hoovering out the new tin top to try to get rid of some of the dog hairs whilst also carrying on with Prep work for the main roll cage hoop.
Had a call at 2pm to let me car would be ready in hr so back off to pick the car up just as it started to rain, and a cracking job it is to, paint issue is in less obvious spot than I thought and probably due to me overheating the paint whilst trying to stretch or shrink the wrapping I did.
£102 lighter and a bit more pushing and whinching and she back where she belongs and hopefully wheels off later tonight so I can take for a referb tomorrow, matts said I can loan his spare coil pack so I can have a play.
Attachments
CDEF476C-E66B-4B81-9366-8C0CD1287D9E.jpeg
801AE489-0309-42D3-9B76-255944E6D81C.jpeg
45A9D464-55B7-4DF3-AE09-412E67378652.jpeg

locost220

Postby locost220 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:21 pm

Dropped the kit car wheels into place in Erith to referb them, if it was not for the damage on a couple of them and the fact they chemically clean them in some nasty chemicals to get the present coating off and then media blast them and my blast cabinet is a bit small to get 15 inch wheel in I would have had a go myself.
He tried to sell me on a diamond edge cut but I was happy to stick with the effect I had first time.
I dropped of my last stash of RIR for the fronts and the hankooks I got on tour can go on the back, which they will do as part of the service.

Not sure I am keen on the ride quality of the temp ones fitted to the customers car though. :lol:
Attachments
IMG_20201112_082701.jpg
IMG_20201112_082656.jpg

ChrisL

Postby ChrisL » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:29 pm

you could have some fun with a set of those on the back
Yes I've been drinking, what of it!!

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Started the afternoon by preparing the front roll hoop for a spray of the epoxy chassis paint and clearing out the spray booth and a few repairs to the ripped booth wall and floor seal suffered over the past few weeks whilst it has been used for buffing and powder coat spraying.
Might try a spray tomorrow as the overspray from the smaller booth would mean covering the car over and no work would be possible so I left it at that and did some finishing touches on bits, thus
Fitted the inlet and exhaust trims and also the original bonnet vents on either side, then later on I removed both the rear arches and fitted the P seal between arch and body, these had been left off originally so the vinyl wrapping staff who covered the rear arches last week could cut the covering right up to the side panel without fear of cutting the P seal.
Then refitted both arches for what I hope will be the last time for a long time.
Then fitted the stone guards on the front edge of both rear arches, probably not going to bother with mud flaps on the front arches hoping the full cage tubes, stone guards and the vinyl wrap will help protect the DIY spray job.
Hope to get the rear lights on the arches tomorrow and
Picked up some new number plates and some good polish as getting near the money shots me thinks.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:07 pm

locost220 wrote:Picked up some new number plates and some good polish as getting near the money shots me thinks.

8-) Hooray!

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:50 pm

Pass side rear lights fitted, wired and cable route secured and all tested.
Realised I do not have the correct mounting screws for the driver’s side or the electrical connectors I prefer to use so could not do that side.
Drilled and fitted both number plates.
Made up a devise to restrict the lock to stop the arch hitting the exhaust on full left lock.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:49 pm

DJ. wrote:
locost220 wrote:Picked up some new number plates and some good polish as getting near the money shots me thinks.

8-) Hooray!

+1

Nice one Rich, looking forward to the reveal.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Return to “Car Related Discussion”