My MEV GType build - MX5 Mk2 donor

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Re: My MEV GType build - MX5 Mk2 donor

Postby DJ. » Sat May 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Yes good luck :)

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat May 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Good luck with that John...

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat May 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Good luck John
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Sat May 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Cheers guys! Will update you all this week, Dave from this awesome club is trailering me just in case! All being well I'll have a blat on the way home. :D

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Break a leg :D
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Fri May 17, 2019 8:20 pm

So with IVA in mind I booked yesterday off for an MOT before the IVA test today. Well Ive been feeling a little jinxed in all this as yesterday after booking an MOT on the VIN number I drove 3 mile to the test centre, close to arrival there I started to notice a misfire (not good). Then they told me they cant test it on the VIN, after I already explained to them I dont need it logged! And them taking the booking.

Anyway got the car home and pulled the plugs and all coked (running rich). Changed the plugs and all good and left as is so it will run nice for IVA but obviously probably fail emissions at IVA. Later Thursday DVSA called me to say the speed check equipment at Southampton was up the spout but I should attend anyway as they are trying to sort! Grrrrrrrrrrr

On to test
As those that have read my build will know Im running an ECUmaster ecu and had it set up at Skuzzle with focus on emissions fro ECU so all good!
Anyway IVA guy spent ages under the car visually on the brakes (rightly so). He popped back up and said so far so good! Happy days as he then said' this really is a cracking build well done'

Anyway I passed absolutely everything with zero advisories and he was happy to listen to my reasons/ justifications for everything and also guys they had to refer to the manual sometimes so please read it not not google lol :-).

THEN!!!!
Emissions failed, high CO and Lambda. There could be a multitude of reasons why as the car has been started loads since November, not got hot or been above 1500 rpm so ECU and Lambda could be saying biz as usual. But I didn't get a fail as there speedo equipment was not working so I have whats called a free continuation test.

Parting comment from the inspector was 'awesome job you made my job easy and enjoyable today' :-)

Don't sweat it guys or over think it, they're a great bunch, even made me Tea half way through the test!

So anyway a good and bad day but would have had to go back anyway due to the speedo check machines and I don't have to pay. Am sorting emissions diag on my laptop with Skuzzle on the phone with me, joys of a programmable ECU. Overall I enjoyed the whole day, genuinely cant believe and over the moon that I wasnt picked up on anything to do with my build and he said I made his day easy and enjoyable. Im taking it as a win!

Happy days :-)
Last edited by Hammy on Sat May 25, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Fri May 17, 2019 8:48 pm

Nice one Hammy great result you must be chuffed ? hope it want be to much long and you can get out and enjoy your build.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri May 17, 2019 9:05 pm

:) :)

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri May 17, 2019 9:18 pm

Nearly there now :)

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Sat May 18, 2019 4:29 pm

Good luck sorting the emissions, can you run more than one map? The Fury had three; performance, economy and MOT!
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

Return to “Car Related Discussion”