Tyres

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Matth93

Re: Tyres

Postby Matth93 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 am

I’m running uniroyal rain sport 3 on my car and have no problems with them. I’ve never got to the limit of them unless I’ve been doing something really stupid( like drifting it round the corner at the end of my road :lol: ). I had rain expert’s on the Spartan and again found they were fine

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:08 pm

That all sounds very positive about Rain expert 3. I have had another look at these but they don't do my size at the back 205x15 r15 fronts no problem 195x15 r50, all a bit of a miss match really.
Any other ideas my good skcc chums ?
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:48 pm

So i think I will make the rears the same size as the fronts then I can get the tyres I want, yes I know it was easy in the end, but i wanted to keep the car as it was, but hay ho never mind.

scotty

Postby scotty » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:51 pm

do the 205s make that much difference?
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:44 pm

do the 205s make that much difference?

Probably not to be honest, just wanted to keep it as i got it but not goin to loose any sleep over it.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun May 19, 2019 9:57 am

So today I was out with Tony T with my new front tyres. I have gone from a 45 profile to a 50, a bit tight getting them on under the lip of the wing but once on they were fine.
So to the drive, I didn't expect them to perform as they did, the car has changed a lot for the better, the grip was very very good, turn in was true and they stuck like glue even with some wet on the roads and the ride was a lot more comfy.
A combination of new tyres, new front shocks(Protech) and springs (Protech) all has worked out very well.
Thanks to everyone for there input but I do recommend the R1R Tyres.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:47 pm

So this question keeps going around Tyre .
So after my run today and a chat with a couple of the guys before we left, I found out my rear tyres are 18 years old !! probably explains why I span a couple of weeks ago when it was wet, also explains today going through the lanes why my rear end was lively (no curry was consumed last night)
On the front last year I got some Toyo R1R's and I have to say they are brilliant, but I can't seem to get them anymore. I tried the supplier i got them from before, they don't even recognise the Tyre now. I have googled everything I can think of but know nothing.
So any ideas where I can get some from please.

Flyingtiger

Postby Flyingtiger » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:13 pm

Think you posted in my same query so I will piggyback if you don't mind as I'm still looking as well, luckily it passed the MOT with the 15 year old T1S's but only just (1.8)! been looking for R1R's but can't find any now, did about 3 weeks ago but more than R88R's so left it. I'm undecided between:
Nanking, Federal, R88R's. Like the idea of the Toyos but not sure if it's overkill for the car so could save using the others. Flea bay have 2x 205/50/15 for £200 or best offer (new & free delivery), I messaged him, think he's a trader as it's all new stock, not sat in the back of a garage for years. My local fitter can do them for £116 each all in.Oh the dilemma!!

Would 888's on the back unbalance the handling?
Tiger Supercat 2.0 Zetec.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:33 pm

I would not have thought it would unbalance the car at all tbh. I went for TR1 on the rear in the end. Two reasons really, can’t get R1R’s any more and the TR1 ‘s they do in 205. I got them from Demod Tweaks as they had a deal going at the time , I think it’s still on ?
I paid £108 all in, plus you could claim a £15 Amazon voucher through the Toyo website. I emailed Toyo and asked about R1R’s , they said they are no long in Europe due to something can’t remember what he said now, R1R have now been superseded to TR1’s now. I found them good but you need a bit more air in them, I was running 18psi now running 22psi in the TR1

Return to “Car Related Discussion”