Locost ''Eleanor'' Rebuild

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

locost220

Re: Locost ''Eleanor'' Rebuild

Postby locost220 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:08 pm

Taking the bike carbs off is a pretty simple task of undoing the 4 x large jubilee clips that secure the blue silicon hoses joint bike carbs to the inlet manifold runners, disconnecting the choke, accelerator cables and the fuel supply.
Then onto the alternator save for a quick picture to remember how it goes back on.
Then the 8mm fixing bolts holding the manifold to the block.
Replaced the gasket after a clean of the block and the throttle bodies after I fished them out, once fitted and bolted I I clipped the injector wiring, refitted the accelerator cables I left on the bodies.
Had to relocate the throttle position sensor from the pedal to the throttle bodies.
Had to call it a day there due to duties calling but once the alternator is refitted and I secure some cables the temp fit of the engine bay kit will be complete before I start on the back end and the fuel pump change over.
Attachments
2E395953-3A2B-4583-AFF9-1E2565D36E42.jpeg
BEC454F3-84E5-443F-AE90-F6F0AB5D88EB.jpeg
4D793FD2-B57C-424C-A681-855C21558D7B.jpeg
A16BC298-3F94-41F9-B63F-BC4C58691EF4.jpeg
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Looking good Rich, keep up the good work and keep us informed if it helps your engine finally.

locost220

Postby locost220 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:03 am

Other half finally gave me a break from holiday prep arrangements so got in the garage yesterday and finished the engine bay works off by firstly taking the opertunity to check and order a spare fan belt for the boot box, then refit and tension the belt in the alternator, fit the pressure relief valve.
Jacked up the back end and removed the undertray, drained the fuel tank then took off the low pressure fuel pump, filter and pipework.
Dug out the replacements and got it all fitted, refilled tank and pressure tested all pipework.
Double checked all fittings, put on a few cable ties to make things secure enough for a test and then amazed how easy it started up.
After a few mins I shut it all down, lowered the car and cleared the area so I could push car outside to run it a bit longer, checked the carb balancing and unsuccessful tried to lower the tick over, then a rev check still seems to indicate fluttering in the same rev range, but hoping that might be improved with some tinkering.
Maybe a short road test tonight..can't be any worse than last time I drove it.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Return to “Car Related Discussion”