Sun 6th

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

SJLB

Re: Sun 6th

Postby SJLB » Sat May 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Buck barn to sumner ponds, taking in some lovely scenery, it’s official too, heatwave on Sunday 24 degrees :D meet at 7.10 away for 7.30

1. Rob e
2 Mark
3- Phil n
4, SteveRST [as long as car is sorted]
5, Weathers - if I can’t do Stoneleigh so keep me in the loop please. Oh yes and the car is back together. :D OUT parts not turned up :roll:
6) Steve B - breakfast with tintop
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun May 06, 2018 1:02 pm

Really enjoyed that! Slight issue with my alarm not going off, by some miracle i woke up at 6, the time i was due to leave home. Hurried text to the guys saying i'd be late and a 10 mins later i was in the car...omens didn't look good, cars on the lanes, and all theway to the M25.

Managed to tuck in behind a Beemer down the '23 so thayt he could take the flak.....all was going well! Then realised that every supercar n the south was heading toward Goodwood. Followed an aston that followed a mustang that followed a merc - none wanting to overtake a tin top that was doing well under the limit. Urrrgh. Rob was already there but somehow fueled up, grabbed a coffee and was still there on time!

Steve & Phil rocked up and banter and tyre kicking started in earnest...the roads were actually quiet heading the way that we did and somehow we found new roads that i've never done before somewhere around Midhurst - really pictuoresque. In 55 miles we encountered 1 4x4 that held us up a smidge, but merely a smidge and a horsebox that held us up for a couple of miles.

Steve B met us at Brekkie as Rob tried to work out why his fan wasn't working - (we told him he didnt have any fans).....brekkie was erm for most of us good. Seems that Phil got rumped, buying the smaller brekkie cost him 30p less than the big boys one after adding in the coffee! Doh!

Amazing how so many nice places insist on a having 90% of the area in shade with umbrellas and the like!

Route home was great until i hit the r/about near the m23 - that was gridlocked and took 40 mins to get across onto the motorway. I was worried that the fan/battery wouldn't cope but it did, good job Rob wasnt going home that way!

As i got closer to home i realised that i'd passed umpteen convertibles during the day - the majority with their roofs up- WTF is that all about????

Guys thanks for the banter and company!

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Sun May 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Nice run out this morning! My first run with the new SDB dry sump and electric water pump setup. No leaks! Although it is running too cool so I'll have to look at sorting that.

Good breakfast... yep remember to order the 'big breakfast' at sumner ponds - it's definately better value... Just ask Phil :lol:

Thanks for organising Mark. And for sorting the weekends weather for us all :D

20180506_095059.jpg
20180506_144740.jpg
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Sun May 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Really enjoyed that even though the bloody fans given up :roll: tried to link it directly to the battery and nothing so it’s a gonna, can’t believe you found some new roads, can I say also that we’re amzing and the scenery..... yes tony, we looked up at some stunning areas , great roads, great location (if you buy the dig boy ) great bants , next weekend is a tweak day so I’m out, not out out but out, could be out out but depends how you look at it, anyway I go on ..... :D
Nice to see Steve and really sorry I forgot the parcel :roll:
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Return to “Members Run Outs”