Sunday 29th April (western..ish)

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

sparkyj83

Re: Sunday 29th April (western..ish)

Postby sparkyj83 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Anyone fancy a run from Pease Pottage Services (meet at 7.15 for 7.30 departure) to Peppe's cafe in Dorking?

1- Phil N
2, rob e
3/ Tony B
4/ Robert
5/ SteveRST - breakfast only in the soft top
6- Kenton (hope the forecast is wrong)
7; Weathers (93.7% sure)
8. Steve B - breakfast only in the tin top
9. Sparkyj83 some one best send me a itn then ;)

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:50 am

Wow, what a morning that was - full of calamities but everything ok in the end!!

Arrived at the petrol pump at Pease to hear the sound of a kid with a new toy parking up on the adjacent pump - “it’s awesome, briiiiiiiliant” is all I could hear, finished filling up and said I’ll meet you round the corner. Unfortunately he never made it round the corner.... a small bonfire was put out and the assessment was that it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as we thought but it meant the first car was out and being trailered home

We then set off, 4 ish miles down the road we realised we had lost another, this time an alternator had made a bid for freedom and again this car had to be put on a trailer back home

Then, about another 10 miles down the road someone else had an over heating issue (again), this car limped home, found a problem then met us near the end!!

I’ll let you all guess whose cars were which!!

So just the 4 of us carrried onto breakfast but by this time the traffic had built up so it was a bit slow - in all the excitement I needed 4 Tony stops today :lol:

Breaky was ok, not sure I’d be in a rush to return as parking is a nightmare

Till next time folks, I can’t do next weekend unfortunately....

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:52 am

Well..... what a nightmare, made the start point and met phil, Robert , tony and Kenton, jay fluttered in to the fuel stop, tie passed , where’s jay got too ......... so we walk round to the petrol station, there’s jay with his bonnet off, eeerrrrrr what red and orange and singes your eyebrows said jay, he’d had a oil line failure to the turbo at the fuel pump which then caught fire so quick thinking he got it to the corner of the station and managed to put it out, seems the turbo had caused the inlet braded pipe to shrink and fail further back, he was most definitely out , poor sod after the long wait , so we said our goodbyes and off we went till wethers heard a rattle , his alternator was backing a bid for freedom, we carry on , until ........ I’m over heating I said , laters, turned around and made a run to my dads where I had a good look, turns out the fan I got was pushing and not pulling :roll: I swear I checked it :roll: :lol:
So I turned around and met the rest of the runners near the end , breakfast was good and quick, we met busa Steve and little Steve :lol: there, hope your cars a simple fix and no real damage done jay, Steve , pull ya finger out with the new car :D and I hope busa Steve’s new chassis work gets done quickly for you to start enjoying the sun that’s gotta come back out again at some point, good to meet you Robert , cheers all
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

robert

Postby robert » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:20 pm

Just wanted to say it was great to meet everyone.
I am working the next few weekends.
Hope to see you at Stoneligh.

Robert.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Does sound an eventful morning, but as you say, hopefully no major damage done.
As you say Rob, let's hope it warms up again soon :)

graham b

Postby graham b » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:52 pm

Sorry to hear of the grief
This AM.
Hope Jay & Chris Are sorted soon.
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:07 pm

O dear not a good day then.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:31 pm

I enjoyed it, haven't been out for ages so was nice to set the alarm for 5.15 :shock: :shock: , met up with Robert just round the corner from home so was nice to have a wingman on the M25, shame about the breakdowns but I think it's fairly typical for this time of year, hopefully both easy fixes and they'll be out next weekend. Nice to meet with Steve and Steph at the cafe and the breakfast was almost as good as the waitress's bum. No photos so was clearly just a dream. Thanks Chaps.
9 is more than a number

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Well that was fun morning. Left at 05:45 in the Westfield and got back at 11:30 on the back of a Renault (flat bed). Gutted. The roads were drying and the route looked good.

Alternator fan almost detached again but caught it this time before it exited the bonnet. Time to rip the lot out and start again me thinks.

Must have been in the nice part of the South East as 2 different mechanics stopped to help, several passers by asked if I was ok and one lady bought me a coffee back from her tennis club as I’d been sat there for 2 hours. Shame I can’t drink coffee though!

Thank goodness for the heated jacket and FM radio.
Attachments
1D02B93D-AEDD-4956-BEE2-42C3A051EEFC.jpeg
8393FB31-1313-42A9-AB85-0ADADDA695AF.jpeg
76953955-A654-445D-B66E-8D65414D49B9.jpeg

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:16 pm

Sounds like a bit of a morning.. Lucky escape with the oil fire Jay, hope your back on the road soon.

Quiet one in comparison, still had some fuel left from the other day so treated swmbo to breakie, then on to Rye through deer country@ 30mph :lol: then back via Wittersham etc..
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Return to “Members Run Outs”