Posting up runs.,..

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Posting up runs.,..

Postby greenwoo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Firstly, its great that folks post up runs and invite others to join in....that's what the site is all about, putting things out there for others to get involved in.

I've noticed a couple of things that are worth considering when doing so.
In the 'old days' of trying to please all we've gobe down a very open route of saying' start / end de[endant on who puts their names down'...
now thats great, but maybe we need to help those on the sidelines by giving a guide, after all its a wide old patch.....and the early in the week that's done maybe the better the 'buy in' from a 'maybe newbie'.
something along the lines of start point somewhere between x-y'ish and end point is 'a' or between a-b.

The other thing that has resonated is the 'funny names' on the list - those 'in the know' can see or guess what's meant & intended, those on the fringes, probably not. So why not stop with the joke names and just play it with a straight bat?
Maybe i'm wrong, but seeing a load of usernames that are translated into 'fuunies' with funny remarks might indicate that its a clique that's going out.....

and finally.
Is there a reason why occasionally names are added 'en-masse' - rather than by each person? To me it reduces the activity level and again makes it seem that a little 'clique' are getting together.

Personally as a club member i'd like to see the active members do what they can to entice newbies out...whether you agree with the above is for you to decide and act (or not on).....but maybe give a moments reflection to think how you'd react/act if you saw some of the bits i've mentioned if you were just joining this club?

'over and out'.

DJ.

Re: Posting up runs.,..

Postby DJ. » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 pm

I think pinning down the start and finish zones a bit is a good idea, but in a way, when a run is posted I think I prefer the organiser just to post where they want to start and finish form the outset. That way, I can decide if it suits me or not. If it doesn't there is still time to organise an alternative.

When we started trying the open ended see who wants to come and I'll plan the route technique, I ended up with a bit of a nightmare as two newish members signed up, but one was well to the west and the other was well east. I ended up planning a route that was basically a west to east run across the whole area, in the end those who came said they enjoyed the run, but neither of the people who it was planned to suit ended up making it.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:56 pm

point well made Duncan - agree....only mitigating argument is that many runs are central and would be nice to tempt a few out that are yet to get onboard.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Fair comments Mark, keeps it all transparent... checked through my last few run posts in a panic.. pretty predictable tbh..1066 café.. 1066 café.. 1066 café... need to get out more. :lol:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Return to “Members Run Outs”