Sunday 22nd April: Run to Rye Harbour

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Sunday 22nd April: Run to Rye Harbour

Postby b33fy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Either day, dependent on interest, a localish run from West Kent, East Peckham Services maybe? to a nice little cafe at Rye Harbour. 0730 kick off.

1. Mike Sat/Sun
Last edited by b33fy on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Re: Sat 21st or Sunday 22nd April Run to Rye Harbour

Postby b33fy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Either day, dependent on interest, a localish run from West Kent, East Peckham Services maybe? to a nice little cafe at Rye Harbour. 0730 kick off.

1. Mike/Swmbo Sat/Sun
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:29 pm

1. Mike/Swmbo Sat/Sun
2.Mark ( mike need to check, but think Sun could work)

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:16 pm

@ mike, yep i can def do sunday if that's still ok for you?

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:30 pm

greenwoo wrote:@ mike, yep i can def do sunday if that's still ok for you?

Good for me Mark, see you at East Peckham Services. Do you want an itn or do it the old fashioned way? as long as we avoid deer country.. :roll:

Anymore for anymore..?

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:52 pm

b33fy wrote:
greenwoo wrote:@ mike, yep i can def do sunday if that's still ok for you?

Good for me Mark, see you at East Peckham Services. Do you want an itn or do it the old fashioned way? as long as we avoid deer country.. :roll:

Anymore for anymore..?

Sorry Mike, I'm at Goodwood all day tomorrow, so will need a lie in Sunday. Enjoy the good weather :)

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Sunday 22nd April: Run to Rye Harbour

Postby greenwoo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 am

got an itn Mike that can share or i;ll use it for the return, whichever.....let me know if you'd like me to email?

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:46 am

Sounds good, ping it across Mark, cheers.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:40 am

sent to the icloud id Mike....can't recall you're other one and don't have access now...

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:30 pm

ah this could be the no photo's didn't happen run......will see later when my phone has charge.

Soo....as a starter, where the heck are all the Kent guys? Just Mike and I today.

Met at East Peckham and i'd done an itn, a bloody good one actually, but sadly i hadn't worked out that pikeys might be 'trotting' on a frigging 'a' road at that time of day, oh not just 1 but 3 'buggy' things with a horse box riding shotgun and keeping anyone from daring to think of an overtake.
Luckily after a mere 2 miles at 26mph (in a 60) we got pretty clear roads down to Rye, in fact, no overtakes and just 2 instances for 1/2 mile where we were behind someone.

I love those roads out toward and from tenterden, nice sweepin corners and nifty bits inbwteeen.

Brekkie was at the Harbour, and i honestly don't think i've visited the harbour all the times i've been down there....nice little setting.Then Mike piped up ' we're early, doesn;t open til 9.0'

err, id though the 9.0 was an guide to when we might get there, not related to actually getting food. In reality we could have ordered yesterday and been served marginally quicker. Cluster feck would be kind.....
9 didnt mean opening, not in the sense of being ready to serve....it meant that's when we'll put the chairs out etc.

so like a few other bemused folks we sat down and waited, course, others turned up and compunded the issue......but hey, it was warm, sunny and we had a good natter. Another 10 minutes and i reckon that Bono and Geldof would ahve signed us up - we'd nigh on put the world to rights.

Brekkie - err, let's say its one for a quiet day, quality fine, wait time an hour...'but hey, its freshly cooked ' - but you might needto remind them of certain things that are missing.

The run home was great, nearly perfect, just a lorry for 2-3 miles which crawled along..

Really surprised that Tonys run and this one didnt garner more attention. Sunny, warm - no hot, excellent roads and a cheeky (healthy) full english ....guess hibernation is lasting longer this year.

To those that havent got involved as yet, do give it a try, sure early starts are 'bracing' but spprts cars are made for open traffic free roads.....
Mike , thx for arranging....

Return to “Members Run Outs”