Sunday 22nd April: Run to Rye Harbour

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Re: Sunday 22nd April: Run to Rye Harbour

Postby b33fy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:41 pm

Great run to the Harbour today, using a nice itn route from Mark, taking in one of the nicest areas of the Garden of England, right up K's and Tony's alley.. :D Roads were greasy and it was dodge the wet patch :? at times, so a steady pace it was after a few slippery moments were had by both.

Early to the Harbour at around 0830'ish, we thought great, miss the queues for the café.. Didn't quite work out that way sadly. The café was late in opening and by the time we got our order in we are quite a way down the line.. A full English turned up eventually, served in courses. Lesson learnt, nice enough, though avoid at the weekends.

Great run back, through Wittersham and the old Tenterden Road, a couple of Mercs running together offered a slight challenge, with the slow through corners fast on the straights. They were dispatched in stereo, heading into a tight 90.. knobs.

Mark, good company as always, banter mostly centred on the upcoming alps trip and the logistics and anxieties of fuel. :shock: :lol:... which was bizarre, as I only used 1/2 a tank today.. :lol:

Til next time.. :)
Attachments
Rye 2.JPG
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

leegav

Postby leegav » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Good write up guys. 2 of you on a day like this?
Wtf. :geek: :shock:
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Great photo :)

leegav wrote:Good write up guys. 2 of you on a day like this?

I used up all my goodwill for the weekend on a track day at Goodwood yesterday. Back out next Sunday morning I hope :)

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:34 pm

DJ. wrote:Great photo :)

leegav wrote:Good write up guys. 2 of you on a day like this?

I used up all my goodwill for the weekend on a track day at Goodwood yesterday. Back out next Sunday morning I hope :)

Only so much goodwill going for grabs.. also quite few smaller things going on with the guys running to Brighton yesterday and a few key players out of the running currently. Nice to do a bit of lone running.. also easier to find a mutual pace in a pair.

Off next week to prep the car for the Alps, will probably end up doing more blatting than preping, mixing it with a day or two of photography. Gotta adjust the map, thats my excuse anyhow..
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Return to “Members Run Outs”