Sunday 22nd April - BB to Billys

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: Sunday 22nd April - BB to Billys

Postby Tony B » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:52 pm

A bit of north and Bit of west Lee, it’s here RH14 9AE

https://www.billysontheroad.co.uk/

You joining us?

1* Tony Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
5 k
6 Weathers
7 Rich

leegav

Postby leegav » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:20 am

Yeah thinking about it. Its about 90 mile from me to billys. If forcast stays good i might meet you there... What time you getting there? 8 ish?
I bought some overalls and a hans device for sprinting and tried it on yesterday....jesus they are warm.... I need to get used to driving in them so may turn up looking like im off racing :lol:

If its raining then no... Il have a sleep in.

1* Tony Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
5 k
6 Weathers
7 Rich
2. Lee G - maybe
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:10 am

ITN sent to all on the list - meet at 7.10 to be away at 7.20 on the dot

Lee, if you have a look at the ITN you could probably meet us where we stop going west and turn back east - im not sure when that will be (8ish maybe) - I suspect we will get to the café at around 9ish

leegav

Postby leegav » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanks guys really enjoyed thia morning. Great seeing you all...its been a while. :)

So my alarm went off at 5.45 this morning and i almost rolled over and thought sod it. After all it was best part of 80 mile to get to the half way point to meet the guys. Anyway the mrs got up for the gym so i got uo too and set off. Sun was glorious but the roads were greasy....that point where they are still wet but drying out so i thought i better take easy on the new r888rs. Satnav said i wouldnt arrive till 810 and i promised id be there at 7.45....... So the inevitable happened....right foot planted!! Arrived at 7.48 :lol:
I was just about to get in the car after a 20 minute wait and head to the breakfast stop as the guys hadnt come past so i thoughtbid missed them. Then i heard a bike engine been wragged and i knew they were coming!!!
Nice drive to billies with the gang and we even annoyed a few people... (Who the heck stands in the middle of the road) idiot!
Kenton crashed btw :lol: :lol:
Breakfast was bloody good and it was great to see rob there. Brought back memories of the alps and dolomites sat in the sun chewing the fat and taking the piss....
Took a non motorway route home and clocked 85 miles on the way back..so totalled 180 miles today...
Great to see you all and meet you weathers 8-)

The cafe woman said you were fat tony.. :lol: what did she say big and bubbly? :lol:

Got home at 1.20. Cleaned the car, battery charger on and had a beer in the garden.

Until next time gang...
Attachments
20180422_092232.jpg
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Yes great to be out in the sunshine this morning, and top marks to Lee who made it down to meet us - great to catch up as I don’t think we’ve seen you since the penultimate day in the Dolomites last year. I still think my newly fitted rear spoiler is better than yours!! :lol:

Glad you mentioned Kenton’s accident!!!

As said, a slightly more cautious pace this morning as the roads were a tad damp from last nights rain, the route was basically the A272 west for 30 odd miles and then green landing back east. Some residents took a bit of offence at us doing somewhere between 25 and 30mph in their village but I think it must’ve been the noise.

Some lovely roads though, and the odd hairpin bend where sadly for some talent was a little lacking, suffice to say that on cold winter mornings the snow will no longer be cleared in front of us :lol:

Great breakfast at Billy’s, and great service - managed to get the “chunky but funky” young waitress into my car for a photo shoot!

Till next time folks

F9D6F8AB-DD27-48B6-A33A-FE19248AAC94.jpeg
D478DB3E-5BCB-4749-A24A-81191B413A20.jpeg

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:02 pm

cracking day today, lovely weather, roads and company of course.
Attachments
WP_20180422_07_14_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20180422_09_47_50_Pro.jpg
WP_20180422_10_26_03_Pro.jpg
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:10 pm

Got to say chaps, that’s the first run write up that has made me miss breakfast runs! Looking forward to finishing the car now and getting back out.

Well played.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Martin S

Postby Martin S » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:29 pm

I was really tempted this morning. ..yer i know :D. But wad dragged out house hunting...well played all

kenton

Postby kenton » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Shorts,shorts shorts. you guessed it today was a shorts day. :lol:
So nice to be out in the car now its warmed up. The 272 was damp after the shower last night but that didnt matter as I was happy. As mentioned above I need to explain my "incident".
While on a twisty B road a thought entered my head "try some drifting" it whispered to me, so I did.
A few seconds and a lot of over steer later I was at 90' from where I need to be with the front of the car lacking in ground clearance the splitter took a bump. No real damage done. Thankfully there were no pictures so it didnt happen?? :lol: :lol:
Good to see Lee and catch up with his news. Thanks chaps, another good one.
Until next time.
k

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Nice write ups.. looks like a good time was had by all.. Not enough fuel in Kent for me to defect west sadly..

One last question;

How you gonna plough the fields now K? :D
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Return to “Members Run Outs”