LEGEND 4 15th sept POSTPONED

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony666

Re: LEGEND 4????

Postby Tony666 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:29 pm

nelmo wrote:err, seems this is like herding cats.......
there's a few names who haven't commented on the choice of dates as below....can you please update so that we can firm this up?

i'm wondering about the 1st Sept/15th sep ( sat ) - which is a bit later than i'd imagined, but there's a bit going on late july/august.

Would either date work for you all? ( thinking the Sat is a better option than the sunday in case anyone has the need of a slow ride home )

So....
i can do the 1st sept or the 15th sep.....and you guys?
1/ Mark 1st/15th sep are ok
2/Rich
3/ Neil (I can do the 15th Sept)
4/ Lee - I will join up near Cambs EITHER DATE IS GOOD
5/ Matt H Either date is ok for me
6/ Tony S Either date is good for me at least for the moment.
7/ Duncan - I can do 1st or 15th September
8/ Colin - i;m out ...wasn't that comment based on 1st sept?
9/ Tony H, I can't do the 1st - Wife's cousin's wedding :roll: - wasn't that based on the 1st sept?
10/ Neil H - I can only do Sept 1st.
11/ Weathers
12, Dicky94

locost220

Postby locost220 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:53 am

err, seems this is like herding cats.......
there's a few names who haven't commented on the choice of dates as below....can you please update so that we can firm this up?

i'm wondering about the 1st Sept/15th sep ( sat ) - which is a bit later than i'd imagined, but there's a bit going on late july/august.

Would either date work for you all? ( thinking the Sat is a better option than the sunday in case anyone has the need of a slow ride home )

So....
2/Rich can def do 1st, maybe 15th (both in tin top)
6/ Tony S- Either date is good for me at least for the moment.

9/ Tony H, I can't do the 1st - Wife's cousin's wedding :roll: - wasn't that based on the 1st sept?
11/ Weathers
12, Dicky94
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:07 am

So....

9/ Tony H, I can do the 15th, but I'm happy to drop out as I'll get my fix in France on the 22nd
11/ Weathers
12, Dicky94

bobg_24

Postby bobg_24 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:13 pm

So....

9/ Tony H, I can do the 15th, but I'm happy to drop out as I'll get my fix in France on the 22nd
11/ Weathers
12, Dicky94
13. Bob G - either date good

Dicky94

Postby Dicky94 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:47 pm

So....

11/ Weathers
12, Dicky94 - 15th for me please

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:44 pm

oops don't mind ether :D

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Dicky94 wrote:err, seems this is like herding cats.......

So....

11/ Weathers

14,pau,,l roadrunner don't mind either

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: LEGEND 4 15th Sept

Postby greenwoo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Bringing this back into focus.
I've played with routes , but am aware that i'm pretty handily place compared to other for the Dford tunnel. I don't really want to this to get messy on this thread, so feel free to drop me a PM with any thoughts after reading on.....

My suggestion is to make the route up the more exciting with the return featuring more fast roads - dual carriageway/mway. Which gives approx 270 from DFord and 260 return.....
My calcs are 7 hrs up and 6 back.....that doesnt allow for long brekkie stops etc, but is based on many needing 2 stops for fuel up and back - so stops of approx 1 hr each way total ( fuel /sarnie/pee).

Now i don't know about you lot, but i'd rather be starting early rather than finishing late....and i'd suggest that aiming to get parked up by 11.30 would be good ( ideally a tad earlier). With say a leave time no later than 1pm....
to do that means LEAVING thurrock/lakeside area at 5am...and back there around 7.

Personally, i'd be up for leaving Thurrock before that - but over to you ( via PM) for those that have longer journeys.
We could do more mway, which is what we did with Lands End, but i think making it a decent drive rather than just a 'challenge' would be better?

Wanted your views, and wanted a sanity check on who's in/out because there's no point if we end up with a sudden realisation a few days before that 'it's a long way and a long day' and a load of folks suddenly pulling out to do their knitting.

I know a few might prefer to come round the top of the '25, again, PM me to let me know on that, 'cos would have to factor in an 'easy stop' that doesn't turn into dead 'waiting time'.

Finally....we've had a great summer weather wise, no idea what that day might hold, if its forecast to pee down all day then that's one thing, but again i'd suggest that we're sensible about deciding to do it as early as poss irrespective of a shower or two ...

3/ Neil (I can do the 15th Sept) ( subject to car being finished)

11/ Weathers
14. ZXR400 -Paul

DJ.

Re: LEGEND 4 15th Sept

Postby DJ. » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:01 pm

I'm still up for both dates. If we start at 5am we should arrive around 12 which is a good time for the fish and chips. It can be tricky getting parked in Whitby if the weather is good.........

greenwoo wrote:Bringing this back into focus.
I've played with routes , but am aware that i'm pretty handily place compared to other for the Dford tunnel. I don't really want to this to get messy on this thread, so feel free to drop me a PM with any thoughts after reading on.....

My suggestion is to make the route up the more exciting with the return featuring more fast roads - dual carriageway/mway. Which gives approx 270 from DFord and 260 return.....
My calcs are 7 hrs up and 6 back.....that doesnt allow for long brekkie stops etc, but is based on many needing 2 stops for fuel up and back - so stops of approx 1 hr each way total ( fuel /sarnie/pee).

Now i don't know about you lot, but i'd rather be starting early rather than finishing late....and i'd suggest that aiming to get parked up by 11.30 would be good ( ideally a tad earlier). With say a leave time no later than 1pm....
to do that means LEAVING thurrock/lakeside area at 5am...and back there around 7.

Personally, i'd be up for leaving Thurrock before that - but over to you ( via PM) for those that have longer journeys.
We could do more mway, which is what we did with Lands End, but i think making it a decent drive rather than just a 'challenge' would be better?

Wanted your views, and wanted a sanity check on who's in/out because there's no point if we end up with a sudden realisation a few days before that 'it's a long way and a long day' and a load of folks suddenly pulling out to do their knitting.

I know a few might prefer to come round the top of the '25, again, PM me to let me know on that, 'cos would have to factor in an 'easy stop' that doesn't turn into dead 'waiting time'.

Finally....we've had a great summer weather wise, no idea what that day might hold, if its forecast to pee down all day then that's one thing, but again i'd suggest that we're sensible about deciding to do it as early as poss irrespective of a shower or two ...

3/ Neil (I can do the 15th Sept) ( subject to car being finished)

11/ Weathers
14. ZXR400 -Paul

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Any news on what has been decided?

Return to “Members Run Outs”