sunday 14th january 2018

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: sunday 14th january 2018

Postby Tony B » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:24 pm

It's as though you've all been waiting for my first breakdown :lol:

Yep, wheel arch made a bid for freedom halfway round but the gaffer tape fix is going to stay there for a few weeks as I have a cunning plan about the arches in general, watch this space ;)

Really enjoyed this morning, met K just down the road from me at a very dark 6.30am, roads were dry dry dry and Kenton must've had his weetabix as he led us the 45 odd miles to Newlands at a rather spirited pace, I wish it had been light but still great fun to have our pre blat blat

The route itself was really good, K leading, me second followed by steve, Neil and chris. That is until I got confused just after an overtake and went straight on instead of round the bend, ended up rejoining the group when they waited for me at a petrol station.......that reminds me, I might need to think about the size of the tank, it's certainly not as good with fuel consumption as the old motor.

Changed cars with Steve with 10 miles to go, my god his turbo bites which I found out in the middle of a town when I put my foot down and eended up with rear wanting to overtake. Very funny watching Steve trying to pull away in mine at 12000 revs and stalling each time!!

Breakfast, lovely setting although the front runners sat inside :shock: , too expensive for a regular visit now, much nicer food elsewhere for less money

Till next time....

Stevo

Postby Stevo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:25 pm

That's was fun! Good to be back out again.

Still finding my feet with the car but initial impressions are very good.

Left my radio at home so didn't realise that there were mechanical issues for some. When Neil's arch made a bid for freedom Graham and I were a little bit behind and all I could see were a load of men in black running off into the bushes :mrgreen: - we decided to leave them to it....

Gratuitous picture of my new car. Taken as we were leaving.

Oh yes on the subject of breakfast, was expensive and apparently we should pay attention when the waitress brings the food or else you get someone else's :D

IMG_6509.JPG
Team Green now

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Was gutted I couldn't make it this morning, conditions were good. Hopefully next time!
9 is more than a number

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Yup, great run and my car is now a bit lighter:

kenton

Postby kenton » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Cracking day today :lol:
What a blast that was, early stard yes but with dry roads it was a pleasure to be out. Cross country to Newlands was fun, dominators dont give out much more light than a candle which added to the concentration. The route was eventful to say the least, 2 cycle wing issues, bump starting the red one and me not being able to select gears. I thought re positioning the seat was the answer but i was still having to pump the clutch pedal to change gear. Just ordered a master cylinder repair kit, fingers crossed.
Breakfast was ok but the coffee rank.
Until next time
K

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Sounds good :) apart from the wing issues :(

Your new Elise looks great Steve, I would like one of those :D

Return to “Members Run Outs”