Run to the west Sunday 25th.

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Re: Run to the west Sunday 25th.

Postby DJ. » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:12 pm

Gear levers are for wimps :lol:

Don't worry Steve, hope you get it fixed soon.

1. Duncan
2. mark (95% - timing should work out for me as have a curfew that need to check)
3. graham
4.Dray13dad (meet you for Breakie only as my turn for a lay in)
5. OUT - Phil N
6. SteveRST
7.ken j ( itn sent . g)
8/ OUT - steve m. weather permitting, as I don't do rain :D - This SKCC way is not....Yoda
9. Doug (hazardpro) - i'm hoping to make it too.. as my daughter is nagging me to take her out in it, so its a good excuse!

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:08 pm

Sorry to bail chaps, I'm right in the middle of a busy spell finishing at crazy hours so the last thing I feel like doing on my one rest day is getting up at 5am... Enjoy

1. Duncan
2. mark (95% - timing should work out for me as have a curfew that need to check)
3. graham
5. OUT - Phil N
6. SteveRST
7.ken j ( itn sent . g)
8/ OUT - steve m. weather permitting, as I don't do rain :D - This SKCC way is not....Yoda
9. Doug (hazardpro) - i'm hoping to make it too.. as my daughter is nagging me to take her out in it, so its a good excuse!
9 is more than a number

graham b

Postby graham b » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:16 am

1. Duncan
3. graham
5. OUT - Phil N
6. SteveRST
7.ken j out
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

graham b

Postby graham b » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:01 am

1. Duncan
3. graham out lashing down here (was dry at 4am)
5. OUT - Phil N
6. SteveRST
7.ken j out
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:12 pm

What a brilliant run out. I got up at sill o'clock and it was dry as a bone, i got about 200 yards out of the driveway before a bit of drizzle started and by Otford it was raining lightly. The m25 at 6.16 was chocka and the spray made the first 20 miles interesting - but by the time i got to the m23 it had stopped.

Met Duncan and Steve at bbarn and we nattered for a while before setting off, the roads were damp with the very occasional puddle but they dried quickly. Duncan had made a good route whoch saw us take some new roads, and some old ones that i havent done for ages. We had 1 'skid plate grinder' of a lane but nowt to worry about and down a single track met 2x 7.5 tonne lorries coming the other way. After a Tony stop Steve took over the 'lead man' duties and the sun started to threaten and appearance. It finally broke through not long before we stopped for brekkie at Billys where Richard ( draydad) was waiting for us.

Full english, banter putting the world to rights and a spot of sun worshipping outside was bang on......with an nice easy run home.

Nice one Duncan :D

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks Mark, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

First, apologies to Doug for putting you off with the forecast, it turned out dry, but we all know what would have happened if I'd told you it was safe to come.....

I was pleased to find it dry when I woke, but on the A27 the clouds looked really menacing, so I stopped to put up my half hood and that scared most of the rain away. Mark, must have been up early, as I arrived at about 7 and he was there waiting to take the mick about my hood!

Graham texted me to say he and Ken were out, and when Steve arrived he'd bought a coffee from the garage, so Mark and I were forced to join him. That's why we were late for Richard at breakfast, it had nothing to do with my planning or the route :lol:

There were some nice roads, and not much traffic in the first half. When we reached Pulborough the road I have always used in the past was closed, so it was a good day to be trying the other one. Some of the roads were a little too bumpy and he lorries missed my wheel arch by about 2 inches as they squeezed past on the muddy lane we met them on.

Here's the Tony stop:

By then our cars were pretty dirty:

Sorry Steve.

The second half roads weren't quite so clear of traffic, but we had some fun and the weather was improving all the time. Richard had already almost finished breakfast by the time we arrived at Billy's:

But we enjoyed ours and then moved outside for coffee as Mark needed some sunshine.
Another very enjoyable morning with SKCC :D

By the way, on my way home I passed Buck barn, and lo and behold, Graham and Ken were just turning onto the 272. Did you do the route?
Last edited by DJ. on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graham b

Postby graham b » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:16 pm

Busted.
Ken and I did pop out after 11am I think it was for a little run, but we did not do your route Duncan,
We popped into the chalet for a coffee on the way back.
Sunshine all the way.
Pity about this mornings downpour.
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Wheres your legs Mark?
9 is more than a number

dray13dad

Postby dray13dad » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:12 pm

Didn't do the main run today but did my own route over the back roads to Billy's . Damp/wet in places and mud about but stuck to it.
Was kind of surprised to be the first there at just after 9.15. So after a coffee decided breakfast was the order of the day before it became brunch o' clock. Half way though the runners turned up and made for an 1 1/2 hours plus chat and banter.All I can say from the pics is Duncan stopped off at a jet wash on way .
Till next time enjoy your car's.

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:04 pm

Great run today guys! Many thanks to Duncan for organising.
Roads were still very wet when I left the house at 6:20 this morning but managed to avoid any rain all day. Nice route and pretty clear roads. Good to see Richard at the breaky stop too.

After the run I went straight to Kempton Steam museum in Sunbury where they were having a little classic car show. Steam Museum is worth a visit! It's basically the original water-pumping house that houses two 1920's triple-expansion steam engines, one of which has been restored to full working order and was running today. The largest working engine of this type in the world - 62 foot high and with two 33-ton flywheels! I did a free 1-hour tour where you get to go right to the top of one of the engines. The scale and size of the engineering is immense! These engines were in use right up to 1980, and would have run non-stop 24/7 for 9 months at a time.

Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Return to “Members Run Outs”