nice cheeky little run out

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

2kwik

nice cheeky little run out

Postby 2kwik » Sun May 09, 2010 10:34 am

Nice one, Mark and James. That was a very enjoyable run out this morning - even though the wake up call at 6.45am was a bit of surprise!! Even more surprising to see dry roads after the dodgy forecast late last night.
Some great new roads mixed in with old favourites. Good bacon/sausage sarnie to boot with a new cafe to go on the map. Funny that the bikers that followed us through the Lydd ring thought "we hadn't hung about" as I though that was the steadiest I have ever gone through it. Good job James was in the middle and we were trying to save fuel (failing with Mark ;).
On the Brenzett run up to Ashford, we saw a remarkable feat. A sparrow was coming towards us at, let's say, 40mph? It then stopped dead for a split second and went into immediate reverse at 100mph. Marvellous. Pity it couldn't put itself back together but at least no damage to the grill :lol: :lol:
Fun is not a straight line

James

Re: nice cheeky little run out

Postby James » Sun May 09, 2010 10:54 am

Was a good run indeed, shame about my new screen :cry: poxy A28 re-surfacing works. As nige said some great roads today :) good breakie and the weather held off, must do an early one again. Shame about the fuel situation through Lydd, wanted to show those bikers how it was done but felt the need to stay in the pack with marks tiger running out of juice! least yours made it to the garage eh nige...

Oh and a note to anyone wishing to get Mark to pull over, dont try beeping and flashing your lights franticly as he just boots off!!! I was only trying to tell him he had left his fuel cap on the back of the Tiger and was bearly handing on, good job you had that roll bar mate or it would have been outa there!!!

J

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Sun May 09, 2010 11:19 am

Sorry I missed you guys today. I had to make a decision last night due to beer. A bit gutted when I woke up and it was dry - even more so when it started raining at 10.30am!

Never mind - roast in the oven, PS3 game downloading and the Grand Prix just starting :D

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Sun May 09, 2010 11:38 am

What can i say Dan? I did hint last night that it looked as if the odd shower was the worst that we'd face, as it turned out that was spot on. James and I copped a short shower leaving the Services and the road to Charing was a tad damp, after that it was fine - barring 2 minor 5 min dizzles which didnt even warrant donning the helmet.
Some of those roads are just brilliant, especially like the Woodchurch section and the Bredce Rye bit: Fanyc finding an artic on that bit!!
Thought the pace was good - apart from Lydd when i knew it was question of 'whgen' not 'if' i'd run out of juice, such a shame as i could see James itching to get a move on and show the bikers how to do it.
Worth getting up at that time to catch clear'ish roads, according to the guage that was a cple of miles shy of 200.
Nigel - thanks for the mercy petrol dash and James, with yoru reputation i took the beeping of the horn to mean 'stop fannying around and crack on'......as you say, good job that filler didn't fly off.....
Away next w/end, but will be hoping for a dry'ish day the following w/end to do another early one.....

Return to “Members Run Outs”