Fantasic Run Out Today

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

AshG

Fantasic Run Out Today

Postby AshG » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:58 pm

Had a fantastic run out today. Me the other half and the dog went for a run out in the roadster. Started off in Rochester went down the a20 turned off just before ashford then went down the lanes through romney marshes etc etc ending up at camber sands. took the dog for a walk down the beach, had fish and chips then poodled home at around 50-60ish. the weather was glorious and the new toyo's certainly do what it says on the tin.

doubt it was quite up to the quality of the france run but enjoyed it none the less.

Nash

Re: Fantasic Run Out Today

Postby Nash » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:24 pm

This thread is no good without a picture of the dog in the roadster donning hat and goggles. :D

How did the better half enjoy the car?

...... Neil
Last edited by Nash on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:51 pm

Well the dog certainly didn't need to stick it's head out the window !!

One windswept dog!
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Good for you Ash, was in no condition to go near a car this morning......but the dog part reminded me of a conversation yesterday with Chris (eliseman) ......his son had a tiny loan car ( cant recall what the car was ) whilst some repairs were being done and they tried ( in vain ) to see whether they could squeeze in their Irish Wolfhound for a photo......quarts dont fit in pint pots. So on that basis i think taking our deerhound in the Tiger is also a non starter :-)

AshG

Postby AshG » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:33 pm

lucky for me the dog is only a tiny little jack russell. she wind surfed for about 10mins then decided that sitting in the foot-well on her mums legs was a better idea :D other half loves the car although not 100% happy about the wind hair situation. aero screen should be arriving next week some point.

run the fuel tank down to near empty tonight so I could take the fuel sender out and see why it was playing up. managed to separate the float from the arm inside the bloomin tank so had to drain the whole tank down to get the float out. when I finally got the float out of the tank it was full of fuel...... after closer inspection it had a hairline crack in it that allowed it to fill with fuel which explains why it wasn't working. got the fuel out of it then have hot glued the crack. hopefully the hot glue can hold up to the fuel and all will be well :D if not will have to replace the sender

Return to “Members Run Outs”