10th July 22

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Wingco

10th July 22

Postby Wingco » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:02 am

Just a quick shout if anyone is interested, Tony T , Richard and myself are taking a leisurely drive to Frant fisheries for breakfast. No route planed just follow the sat nav till we get there.
All are welcome
Leaving Swanley around 8.00am

1) Colin
2) Tony T
3) Richard
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

locost220

Re: 10th July 22

Postby locost220 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:54 pm

Just a quick shout if anyone is interested, Tony T , Richard and myself are taking a leisurely drive to Frant fisheries for breakfast (TN39AD) No route planed just follow the sat nav till we get there.
All are welcome
Leaving Swanley around 8.00am guessing will will get there about 9.

1) Colin
2) Tony T
3) Richard
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:56 pm

Just a quick shout if anyone is interested, Tony T , Richard and myself are taking a leisurely drive to Frant fisheries for breakfast (TN39AD) No route planed just follow the sat nav till we get there.
All are welcome

1) Colin
2) Tony T
3) Richard
4) Jason

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:42 pm

All are welcome

1) Colin
2) Tony T
3) Richard
4) Jason
5) Steve B
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:02 pm

Nice little trot out this morning, Robin Hood felt a little frisky after driving the transit as a daily driver for the past few weeks. Once fuelled at the local robbery shop I strapped the phone on the dash and headed off to Colin manor to eventually meet Steve on his bike once I has sworn a few times at Google maps, Colin had already let us know his hayfever has put paid to his plans to get out for a drive so once Tony joined us it was a short hop to meet Jason before tacking the A20/M25/Kingdown roundabout where the radio came in handy with Jason giving me commentary on which exit as I had already fallen behind, the guys waited for me to catch up before Tony lead us on a nice trot past Brands, moat, 7 mile lane and the hop farm before arriving at Frant at 9 as planned.
Nice cuppa, breckie and a chat putting the worlds to rights before a cruise home and the reoccurring miss fire appearing as I neared home in the rising heat on this scorcher of a day.
Attachments
38F1F288-4415-47FE-A154-557B8D436778.jpeg
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:30 pm

Cheers for the run out guys, I had a good road test to the first meet point, just a short sprint to clear the cobwebs, and the rad fan started playing up once again. it ran fine while moving so I knew the basics will be fine, it just heats up as soon as I get caught up in traffic. so once i got it home without overheating it I took off the nose and bonnet to let it cool quicker. I found out later that the terminal spades on the fan were in perfect order but some muppet (me) had put the + on badly and missed the spade having slid the female spade onto the terminal and managing to slide the spade between the insulation and the back of the metal. At least my oil leak testing may not need to be usual as I previously found out the fairly new rocker cover oil cap with an outlet pipe had a smaller than original oil ring in the seal groove. So that has been replaced with a slightly less mess on the side of the engine after a blast, so I tried a few turns of electrical tape over the oil ring to seal it in the filler tube and hey presto, the oily side of the engine was the same as before the blast :D

Return to “Members Run Outs”