Sunday 3rd July.

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Re: Sunday 3rd July.

Postby DJ. » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:45 am

Glad you managed to join us Russ :D

Welcome to Dave with his nicely turned out blue Westfield who was already at Buck Barn before I arrived. Steve, Russ, Mark and Neil were all chatting soon, but I had a message of woe from Richard who'd slept at work with his Locost to be able to come on the run (that's dedication!) only not to be able to start it in the morning. Sorry Richard, we missed you.

The route worked out pretty well, but I had placed a waypoint on a very narrow road to avoid the speed humps at Ditchling, and it turned out it was access only......oops!

Anyway the weather was perfect, the traffic minimal and only a couple of potholed roads, so I hope we all enjoyed it. Neil had a slight navigation error and I saw him disappearing down the slip road onto the A27 near the end, it was a confusing junction, but he joined us before the breakfasts had been served.

Colin, Matt and Tony T were all waiting at the Chalet, along with some Rhocar members who were all asking for Neil. While we were enjoying breakfast a couple of Elises came in with Graham leading.

On the way out I got chatting to a biker who has a Locost at home, he built it from plans about 20 years ago, so I suggested he check out the forum and join us on a run.

I only took two photos very similar to the ones Russ took, but here they are as evidence:
smallP1040463.jpg
smallP1040464.jpg

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:28 pm

Yes, a great run out, thanks Duncan :D

My navigation error was because of that extra way point- my sat nav was trying to get me back there :(

Apologies for my unsocialness at the table - with hindsight, I should have dragged that guy over to sit with us but I just didn't think of that :roll:

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:28 pm

nelmo wrote:Yes, a great run out, thanks Duncan :D

My navigation error was because of that extra way point- my sat nav was trying to get me back there :(

Apologies for my unsocialness at the table - with hindsight, I should have dragged that guy over to sit with us but I just didn't think of that :roll:

It was my fault then, sorry :lol:

Don't worry Neil, there was lots of socializing going on and not much space at tables anyway.

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:05 pm

I must say, the Chalet is a great place these days - always something interesting there...

20220703_093019.jpg
20220703_082231.jpg
20220703_110148.jpg

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:06 pm

Well done for organising Duncan, sorry first drive for a while so wanted to get back in the groove before coming out on a run.
Nice run to the chalet with Tony T in tow, great weather for it, so glad i got my ares out of bed.
The car is certainly a lot quicker / more torque but its nice to drive at the same time.

Hopefully next Sunday will join you on a run.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:17 pm

nice one chaps, glad you had a 'good one'

Return to “Members Run Outs”