Sunday 6th Sept - Edenbridge to the Chalet

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: Sunday 6th Sept - Edenbridge to the Chalet

Postby Tony B » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Weathers wrote:
Tony B wrote:I have to say, although the Chalet is a well organised greasy cafe I think it’s the worst breakfast venue we go to - fried sawdust sausages, salty bacon and slop and the outside seating is rubbish, just my opinion but I’m not in a hurry to go back!

Are you feeling OK Tony? I’ve been saying it’s a hole for years and that the food is “basic” but I thought you were an ambassador for them?

far from it Chris, Ive never liked the Chalet - it was always Graham that fancied the old lady behind the counter!

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Tony B wrote:
Weathers wrote:
Tony B wrote:I have to say, although the Chalet is a well organised greasy cafe I think it’s the worst breakfast venue we go to - fried sawdust sausages, salty bacon and slop and the outside seating is rubbish, just my opinion but I’m not in a hurry to go back!

Are you feeling OK Tony? I’ve been saying it’s a hole for years and that the food is “basic” but I thought you were an ambassador for them?

far from it Chris, Ive never liked the Chalet - it was always Graham that fancied the old lady behind the counter!

Fair enough Tony. Getting the older generation confused. Or is that confused like the older generation? :D

The food is terrible.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:55 pm

Funny/strange how IMHO there are few places which sit between the 'pile it high' crap brekkie and the poncey overpriced, or just the overpriced.

I know often its about location/outlook...
the other day at Henfield fisheries, 2 bacon sarnies on ordinary bread and a coffee £9 !

thing with the Chalet is, its in a good spot in terms of roads. I havent been to Frant fisheries for a while, anyone been this year - any good?

kenton

Postby kenton » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:20 pm

greenwoo wrote:
thing with the Chalet is, its in a good spot in terms of roads. I havent been to Frant fisheries for a while, anyone been this year - any good?

We went to Frant as lockdown was easing, Much better than the Chalet.
Hawkhurst fisheries is always good, Likely to be going there this Sunday.
Sumner ponds is good too. There are still a few cafe's closed. eg Isfield. There must be a few pubs doing a good breakfast

kenton

Postby kenton » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:22 pm

Henfield fisheries were good to us with free refills when we went there back in the summer. Eating out of a take away box was not so good though

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:12 pm

I havent been to Frant fisheries for a while, anyone been this year - any good?
Yes have been a couple of time Mark, great breakfast £7.50 I think with tea or coffee, gets very busy though and queuing up for a refill is a pain.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:40 pm

Henfield fisheries were good to us with free refills when we went there back in the summer. Eating out of a take away box was not so good though

it was proper plates there 2 weeks back K.....so you can take it off your 'naughty' list.
summer ponds has always been good...
guess its a question of whether free refills can be negotiated anywhere, does Tee me off slightly to get rumped on coffees.

Return to “Members Run Outs”