Sunday 23rd August

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

SJLB

Re: Sunday 23rd August

Postby SJLB » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:10 pm

itn sent
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:21 pm

Thanks to Steve for organising this mornings blatt. What a blatt it was, there were loads of new roads that I hadn't been on before, some very nice fast roads and your normal narrow lanes, some missed turns but most of all it was very enjoyable. The Tony stop had a great view over the country side, right near a nature reserve.
Great to see Mark G out this morning, hope enjoyed the run ?
Never been to summer ponds, very nice place. Breakfast was good and well organised, the only issue I had was, where were the baked beans ? ffs.
Must say thank you to Mark G for a great route home, struggled to keep up most times lol but it was a nice drive home.
Till next week my good people.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:04 pm

Yes, great run out! It was a last minute decision to do the run for me, but I'm glad I did.

Yep, I missed the baked beans too Colin! :cry:

Thanks for organising Steve.
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Glad you had a good run, I hope to be out next week.

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:41 pm

yep, another great morning. :D

IMG_0289.JPG
IMG_0289.JPG (147.3 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

kenton

Postby kenton » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:12 pm

Cracking morning thanks chaps.
Great job Steve, don't know how you managed to find so many new roads.
Good to have Mark back out again.
Until next week
k

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:36 pm

nice route Steve, surprised to find 2 new roads.....Brucie Bonus!

My run to the start was for once devoid of anything travelling my way, so was a great opportunity to find a nice rhythm as its ages since I've had the Tiger out for a proper run.

Nice to see old & new faces, sorry to 'the other Mark' for not chatting more - I should have swapped tables at Brekkie for a proper 'hello'. Was great to be out again, especially the pre Tony stop when the sun was out....glorious roads just added to it.
Must check my radio, as could hear you guys but obvs the Mic on mine must have issues.

I do like summer ponds, but bloody cost of a coffee is a frigging liberty...and i stand by my assertion, those take away boxes only work for kebabs :lol:

The run home was funny. Had a GTR who decided that he wanted to show off and covered me in black crud when he floored it, guess he doesnt use the loud pedal too often. Was with Steve B and Colin til Pease when decided to top up on fuel. I asked whether they were going back home via the m23/25 or cross country - 'Nope, cross country for us'....

Shows how rusty I am, I had my bearings a few degrees off and assumed that we'd all go right....seems i went right and the long way to east grinstead, whereas they went left. I had a crap run for a while following 4 cars and a horsebox.....zero chance to get past. Then the Gods smiled and i had a clear road and a gaggle of bikers behind just before E/Grinstead...had a smile on my face for a cple of miles as we had a play til we caught up a few cars on the outskirts.

Then a bit of a surprise when i looked in the mirror leaving E.Grinstead to find Steve and Colin behind me. Had a cracking run across Ashdown Forest and back up to Edenbridge and then my fav route via Hever to 7oaks.....bit too much traffic by that time.

Was great to be out, and...i might even clean the nearside wheels next time....
How funny was that?

Had a guy look at the car midweek, i thought it looked the nuts, but realised this morning that i'd missed cleaning the nearside wheels. What a goon :lol: :lol:

Only bummer of the day is that my work lappie wouldn't fire up before i left for the run and no amount of pleading with it since has changed anything. Gutted as am part way through an urgent piece of work and don't need the aggro of juggling using a spare PC and rebuilding the lappie.

Return to “Members Run Outs”