Sunday 16th August

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Sunday 16th August

Postby DJ. » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:09 am

OK, it's my turn to organise a run for a change :)

I thought Edenbridge to start as it is fairly central, and breakfast now Sovereign Light Cafe.

1. Duncan
Last edited by DJ. on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wingco

Re: Sunday 16th August

Postby Wingco » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:18 pm

I thought Edenbridge to start as it is fairly central, and still deciding on breakfast, but open to suggestions.

1. Duncan
2. Colin
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:15 pm

I’m out and about early Sunday doing a bit of photography with a mate. Let me know the route and we’ll see if we can hook up and grab some fly bys.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:57 pm

Nice idea Mike, hope we get a few more runners :)

I thought Edenbridge to start as it is fairly central, and still deciding on breakfast, but open to suggestions.

1. Duncan
2. Colin

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:13 am

Nice idea Mike, hope we get a few more runners :)

1. Duncan
2. Colin
3.Matt

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:46 am

Breakfast now at Sovereign Light Cafe

I thought Edenbridge to start as it is fairly central,

1. Duncan
2. Colin
3.Matt

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Any more takers? Forecast currently shows dry and warm Sunday morning.

Edenbridge to Sovereign Light Cafe taking in Udimore and Military roads near Rye.

1. Duncan
2. Colin
3.Matt
4.[/quote]

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:17 pm

Any more takers? Forecast currently shows dry and warm Sunday morning.

Edenbridge to Sovereign Light Cafe taking in Udimore and Military roads near Rye.

1. Duncan
2. Colin
3.Matt
4.Tony - but which one??

OK, It's Tony H

graham b

Postby graham b » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:08 am

1.duncan
2.colin
3.matt
4.graham
5.roger
6.steve
7.Jon n Mrs Jon
8. Tony h
9. Dave h
10. Andy d.
11.alisdair
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:46 pm

As I sit at home with thunder and very heavy rain outside, I think we timed this morning's run rather well :mrgreen:

Having not checked the forum since last night, it was a pleasant surprise to have trouble parking at the start point at 6.45. A good effort by Tony H to come so far at such an early hour!

Graham, Steve, Roger, Andy, Alistair, Jon and his Mrs were all in their Lotus Elises and Evora. Unfortunately, Graham was on his knees extracting a dead wood pigeon from his radiator intake. Having lost his number plate plinth to a pheasant, he now needs a new grill :(

Matt, Tony, Colin, Dave and myself provided some kitcar variety to proceedings 8-)

At 7 we started off towards Groombridge and then Wadhurst. It was dry, warm, a little misty at times but good conditions and not much traffic. We turned onto some smaller roads via Burwash and along to Robertsbridge where Colin's accelerator pedal decided to fall off. It was a nice safe spot so the kit group stopped to mainly watch while Matt and Colin fixed it with some of Tony's tools. I enjoyed having a look over Tony's new Quantum, looks like a real bargain and already sporting some unique 3D printed parts 8-)

Soon we were going again and after half a mile found the Lotus group had stopped to wait so we joined them for a quick chat. Next Udimore road lead to Rye and the military road and onto Tenterden. The route was going quite well.

After Tenterden I had put less waypoints thinking the A28 was the obvious route......not for Tomtom. There were some narrow "shortcuts" and our group encountered a closed road, we went to the end where we could see the A28 and had to turn around. Tony was last so we waited back down the road for him but he never arrived. Matt went back to look and he'd vanished from the closed road (quantum physics maybe) :lol: .

After we joined the A28 finally, the traffic increased and it was just a case of driving the last few miles to Bexhill. I hadn't realised the cafe didn't open until 10am so I was perturbed to see the shutters down. Breakfast was very good, shame we have to just have four to a table these days though. Thanks for the extra coffee Colin :D

I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.
I will add a couple of photos later.

Return to “Members Run Outs”