Sunday 16th August

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

graham b

Re: Sunday 16th August

Postby graham b » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:49 pm

thanks for organising Duncan
great route .
we Lotus guys ( & girl) enjoyed it immensely :D

till next time stay safe out there
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:52 pm

Here are a couple of photos to prove it happened:

P1020914.JPG

P1020915.JPG

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:20 pm

A great turn out in the end. I bottled it, didn’t fancy getting wet at 0500 for a sunrise, hopefully catch you next time.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:44 pm

b33fy wrote:A great turn out in the end. I bottled it, didn’t fancy getting wet at 0500 for a sunrise, hopefully catch you next time.

Fair enough Mike, I don't blame you :D

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Thanks Duncan for organizing the run this morning. I have done few of the roads before but altogether it made in to a top run. Some lovely fast roads, some country lanes, closed roads and sat navs doing there own thing.
It seemed to be my turn today for breakdowns, first my throttle pedal came of, the nut and bolt that it pivots on decided to come apart, it was an easy fix thanks to Matt and Tony for there help. It was also nice that all the kit car guys stopped to help and offer advice and keep me company.
Breakfast, well that's a first for me, we had to wait for the cafe to open, I thought it opened at 9 ? maybe different at the moment due to the Covid situation.
Breakfast was quick and nice and it was also nice to sit outside, it was quite warm.
On the way home, in fact 5 miles from home the engine spluttered, misfired and I coasted to the edge of the M25, between Junction 4 and 3. After a tinkerer around a breakdown truck was called, not sure what it is, it turns over fine , I have fuel to the rail, I changed the coil pack, the Crank sensor nothing, I couldn't check spark as I didn't take a bloody spark plug socket. Anyway will have a good look over the week.
Fingers crossed ill see you all next week.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:00 pm

Great pics, many thanks for confirming that there are a few 7 style kitcars driving without windscreens, so mine should be ok if and when i get it on the road.
Jason

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:51 pm

Jasonmpk wrote:Great pics, many thanks for confirming that there are a few 7 style kitcars driving without windscreens, so mine should be ok if and when i get it on the road.
Jason

Just make sure you have some strong safety goggles and you should be ok. I am a whimp with a screen though :lol:

Hope you can join us soon!

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:09 pm

Yeah I have some ski type goggles to try as well as my old motorcycle helmet.
I've had it up to about 30, and 'seeing' was starting to get a bit ify, so with glasses, I think the helmet route might be better for me.
Getting out soon would be nice, I've applied so fingers crossed for an early test and a short fail list !! ;)

Jason

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:01 pm

I’ve not got a windscreen and I’ve done literally thousands of miles all over Europe using safety glasses from Screwfix for about a fiver each - and very comfortable they are too.

Kenton has sprayed no end of grit, stones, mud, dead animals at me and they’ve coped with everything they said they would. They only seem to start to vibrate when I (allegedly) get towards 100mph, but at that speed I’m more concerned that my ear defenders blow off my head!

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-reinf ... pecs/2356g

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Hi ya, sounds good re the safety glasses, I'll look into some prescription ones for when i get a pass or have to join as a passenger.
Jason

Return to “Members Run Outs”