Sunday 12th May - plus a request

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Phil N

Re: Sunday 12th May - plus a request

Postby Phil N » Sun May 12, 2019 3:32 pm

Rickyrjb wrote: 1 dead pheasant

He was fine until he met your car :lol: :lol: :lol: .... I put the poor bugger out of his misery
9 is more than a number

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun May 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Rickyrjb wrote:Neil, who was the new guy that approach you at breakfast? is he on the forum?

A guy called Ben. No, just popped up on his way back to the carpark. Has a MAC apparently so gave him details and invited him to pop onto the forum and say hello. Hopefully he'll pop up presently.

Agree it was a good run today. I got to Rye at 8am and "hid" in the car park next to the mini roundabout on the outskirts of the town for 15 minutes. The radio cra led into life and I had a quick k conversation with Kenton and Tony. The radio got clearer as they got closer and I waited for them to appear...... and I waited.....and I........ then the radio got less clear and i heard Kenton say "where are you?" " we are just turning into the Camber Road! "What, the Camber Road 1/2 a mile down the road?" :shock: I set off in pursuit. I drive the Lyddring quite a bit but fair to say today was a lap record for me! As I neared the outskirts of Lydd I heard Tony on the radio say left here Kenton and thought I know where they are, the left fork near the high street. I'm only 300 yards behind, that's doable before we get to Lydd airport! So out I went. Man on a mission! As you come over the humpback bridge coming out of Lydd you can see about a mile down the road. Imagine my surprise when i couldn't see them?? I checked the satnav and i noticed it was saying turnaround? Checked the way point and sure enough missed waypoint! So to my mistake! I thought Tony route, dodgy waypoint! Maked as visited and set off after the Likely lads! I know I'll follow the route and catch them at the Tony stop. 30 miles later I arrived at breakfast and no sign of them???! 20 minutes later the pack arrive and it turned out the dodgy waypoint WASN'T in fact a dodgy waypoint but a windy street in Lydd?! One that no-one EVER uses! So I had passed them and instead of my spirited driving to catch them up, it turned out I was pulling away from them!!!! :roll:

Still, nice roads and I got breakfast before the mob! Same again next week chaps.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sun May 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Nash wrote:
Rickyrjb wrote:Neil, who was the new guy that approach you at breakfast? is he on the forum?

A guy called Ben. No, just popped up on his way back to the carpark. Has a MAC apparently so gave him details and invited him to pop onto the forum and say hello. Hopefully he'll pop up presently.

Agree it was a good run today. I got to Rye at 8am and "hid" in the car park next to the mini roundabout on the outskirts of the town for 15 minutes. The radio cra led into life and I had a quick k conversation with Kenton and Tony. The radio got clearer as they got closer and I waited for them to appear...... and I waited.....and I........ then the radio got less clear and i heard Kenton say "where are you?" " we are just turning into the Camber Road! "What, the Camber Road 1/2 a mile down the road?" :shock: I set off in pursuit. I drive the Lyddring quite a bit but fair to say today was a lap record for me! As I neared the outskirts of Lydd I heard Tony on the radio say left here Kenton and thought I know where they are, the left fork near the high street. I'm only 300 yards behind, that's doable before we get to Lydd airport! So out I went. Man on a mission! As you come over the humpback bridge coming out of Lydd you can see about a mile down the road. Imagine my surprise when i couldn't see them?? I checked the satnav and i noticed it was saying turnaround? Checked the way point and sure enough missed waypoint! So to my mistake! I thought Tony route, dodgy waypoint! Maked as visited and set off after the Likely lads! I know I'll follow the route and catch them at the Tony stop. 30 miles later I arrived at breakfast and no sign of them???! 20 minutes later the pack arrive and it turned out the dodgy waypoint WASN'T in fact a dodgy waypoint but a windy street in Lydd?! One that no-one EVER uses! So I had passed them and instead of my spirited driving to catch them up, it turned out I was pulling away from them!!!! :roll:

Still, nice roads and I got breakfast before the mob! Same again next week chaps.

What a drive on your own Neil, trying to catch the runners behind you :lol:
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun May 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Kegco wrote:
Nash wrote:

What a drive on your own Neil, trying to catch the runners behind you :lol:

I know! Keystone cops movie comes to mind!! :lol:
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun May 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Well, firstly a massive thank you to everyone who sponsored my wife. I can confirm that she completed the moonwalk last night and collectively her group raised just under £4K for the charity- I just hope that they eventually find a cure for this horrible thing!!

BC6CD3B3-B90A-4E5A-8CC8-223977CCEA00.jpeg

As for the run, what a fantastic morning in the sun, great mates and twisty roads followed by oodles of banter and a tasty breakfast, what more would you want to do on a Sunday morning

Till next time

84FCC610-C96A-4EA4-AC01-15BB34EF0024.jpeg

kenton

Postby kenton » Sun May 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Up early for the long haul to the central start, filled up en route and parked in pole position. Once we were all assembled we headed off with the driving make tricky by the heavy fog on both sides of the glass that's just over arms length away. Flicking the wipers every 30 seconds as visibility faded was the only option.
The next hazard was the :roll: poop :roll: on one of the single track lanes, bugger, I'll have to wash the car again, second time this year.
The sun soon burst through with all traces of the fog gone we pressed on.
The roads around Rye and Lydd lived up to their usual standard, sorry we missed you Neil.
Breakfast was top notch as was the banter.
Someone stole my sign off
Kenton

Return to “Members Run Outs”