Sunday 10th March

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Kegco

Re: Sunday 10th March

Postby Kegco » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Fury1630 wrote:
Tony B wrote: one of the roads we went on just before the cafe was blocked with a fallen tree just as we left the cafe!

And there in lies a tale. I saw you coming back, decided to turn around so went fwds across the road, stopped, went backwards across the road, stopped & just as I engaged 1st again, I felt the car roll back a further inch & drop into a ditch up to the chassis, I radioed GB but he was away on his tyres, 1st gear did nothing, reverse just showered me & the car with mud. :evil:

So I called the fallen tree into the police as well as the other road blockage - me, then a nice man in a merc stopped & we considered ways of extricating my car. He suggested we could lift it, but a short test said that wasn't going to work, he said he had a tractor that would pull it out - but it wasn't road legal & the police were on their way, I'd got the tow rope round a front wishbone & we were going to try to pull the front sideways to lift one rear wheel back onto the road & then the other, when another couple turned up, so after a brief planning session they both lifted the rear wheel arches, while I (braced against a fence post) pushed on the roll bar & ........ it came out of the ditch! :D :D :D

I thanked them profusely & headed back to my Dad's finding another fallen tree blocking the A23 (I think) & another between Westerham & Farliegh where a curved tree had fallen right across the road, but because it was a curved tree the traffic was just driving under the arch it had made - quite surreal.

But yes, good route.

Glad you managed to get out of the ditch, hope the cars alright
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

graham b

Postby graham b » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:36 am

"i radioed GB but he was away on his tyres"

sorry Tony i didn't turn my radio back on after bfast ...oops
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:26 am

graham b wrote:"I radioed GB but he was away on his tyres"

sorry Tony i didn't turn my radio back on after bfast ...oops

I guessed as much. I did think of phoning you but to be honest there was nothing you could've done to help, so didn't see any point in delaying you. Anyway, there's no pictures so it didn't happen. :D

Return to “Members Run Outs”