March 21st Littlehampton Blat

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

James

Re: March 21st Littlehampton Blat

Postby James » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:45 am

lol @ Ambulance :shock: nearly had a heart attack when i clocked the blue lights catching me rather fast..

youngsterS3

Postby youngsterS3 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:01 pm

thought I would update you all..

my robinhood was written of by the insurance chap yest. to get it back on the road would mean stripping, new monocoque if one can be acquired/found and rebuilt.. so far too expensive just on labour time... + i wouldn't have built it then so what's the point.

going to take my money, consider buying it back for all the parts i carefully chose/ what new bits there are and buy something to get me back out and about. the tme is for driving now, not starting another build...

currently considering a robinhood 2b or a tiger cat e1.

both have the same rear sierra stuff, both about the same size, tho I think the tiger rides a bit lower, The 2b probably has a bigger boot area ( I want to be able to use the car as a daily runner) but they are few and far between down here, where as the tigers are about more.

decisions decisions. trying not to rush as well!

anyone know this car:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1564799.htm

almost seems too good to be true?

cheers

Chris

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi Chris - good and bad news I guess.

Looking at that car I would have said the price was about right initially. Then I noticed the engine - nice! Does seem cheap but it would be rude not to go and have a look!

Dan

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:07 pm

Chris, in answer to the - does anyone know....
i don't know the car but i know the the owner and one of his pals who i think is keeping it in his garage. I can't recall if either are on here - look for jeffw or dm, its dm's car ( i'm 99% sure ). Have had talks with him on the tiger forum via PM, seems a good guy. Frankly at that price i'd say it was def worth a look. I think it may need a bit of cosmetic tidying - but that price for a duratec seems really good.

James

Postby James » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:09 am

^^ what mark said, with that engine & ecu its defo worth a look!

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm not completely sure, but I think I was on a track day with that car. I was surprised it wasn't quicker, but I don't think much had been done to the engine other than
transplanting it from the donor. Also, the car did need tidying. Having said that, plenty of potential and definitely worth a look.

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:02 pm

:x Bloody potholes !! Glad your ok, and everythings kinda worked out ok....
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:33 pm

The Tiger has been sold and has moved out of my garage. The car was in pretty good mechanical nick but need a respray ( the previous owner appears to have rubbed the car down in various places and Dan hadn't got the work done). Dan has bought another car (4AGE STM Phoenix) hence why the car was priced to sell.

The reason the car wasn't very quick on a track day is because Dan is learning how to drive on track and is cautious. The car is quick enough with around 180-190 BHP.

Return to “Members Run Outs”