Sunday 28th

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: Sunday 28th

Postby Tony B » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:13 pm

Rickyrjb wrote:For future reference the fish farm at Hawkhurst does a top fry up!

PS: paint is drying nicely!

Yep we use that fisheries quite often and it’s one of our favourites so watch this space

Did you manage to make sense of the ITN? I suspect they’ll be another run next Sunday, let us know if your seriously interested as we might be able to tailor the start/end points if your in...

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Great to read this guys. It really feels like an old school SKCC breakfast run.

Well played.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Rickyrjb

Postby Rickyrjb » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:23 pm

Tony B wrote:
Rickyrjb wrote:For future reference the fish farm at Hawkhurst does a top fry up!

PS: paint is drying nicely!

Yep we use that fisheries quite often and it’s one of our favourites so watch this space

Did you manage to make sense of the ITN? I suspect they’ll be another run next Sunday, let us know if your seriously interested as we might be able to tailor the start/end points if your in...

Hi Tony,

Yes I have just figured out how to import the route, I have a TomTom 6000 and you have to copy directly onto the removable SD card, but once I figured that out hey-resto the route appeared on the TomTom..
Unfortunately I am away next weekend so officially grounded, but defiantly up for a run out soon, not going to only be a fair weather warrior!
Westfield SEight V8

kenton

Postby kenton » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:20 pm

The Full English that wasn't run....
Thanks to my fellow SKCCers for this morning, as always its great to be out with one's mates doing what we enjoy. Thanks T for the route, its amazing that there are still a few roads we havn't covered over the years. Today there were a few of those along with some old favourites, yes a tad damp and the low sun trying to blind us BUT those minor issues didn't stop us having a cracking run.

Breakfast though was a different story, I took the precaution of ringing in advance to check that there was a Full English option as it wasnt on the website. A definate YES was the answer.

The conversation went like this.
ME. I rang in the week to check so I'd like a Full English and a coffee please.
We dont do a full english but we can cook you one.
ME. Ok, i'll have it, what do you get.
We dont do hash browns,
Or mushrooms,
Or eggs,
Maybe not beans either
It depends what's in the kitchen.
But it will have sausage, bacon and toast.
£10 please, white or brown toast?
ME. Brown (trying not to laugh at the situation)

Well what did arrive? 2 sausage, 2 bacon, beans, a whole vine of tomatoes and a speciality mushroom x1 and one slice of brown toast.

And to top it all they found the eggs for Duncans poached eggs on toast
WTF, full English, my ass
Surfice to say we wont be going back
K

Return to “Members Run Outs”