Sunday 28th

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

graham b

Re: Sunday 28th

Postby graham b » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:30 pm

Yes, 175 miles for me,
35 to meet
77 run
63 home...the long way. :D
Nice little drive 8-)
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

nero1701

Postby nero1701 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:23 am

graham b wrote:Yes, 175 miles for me,
35 to meet
77 run
Nice little drive 8-)

As I’ve only had the car a couple of weeks, a couple of shorter and closer runs first to build some confidence in the car. Then I’ll tackle the further away runs.
My greatest fear is my wife selling my car parts when I die for what I told her they cost

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:34 am

So how did you get on in the rain and hail this morning then boys?

Hope you all made it through in one piece.

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:41 am

Well, I must admit I had second thoughts when the alarm went off and it was still dark (despite the clocks changing) and it was chucking it down - a quick check on the forum revealed no one had bailed so I got up and got ready - and what a cracking decision because that was a great mornings route!

No rain but wet leafy roads with the sun blinding us from the reflection on the wet tarmac - driving skills adjusted everyone made it safely round.

The full English was, err, not really a full English - it didn’t exist on the menu but they said they would make us one but it wouldn’t have eggs or hash browns on it, so for £9.70 I had toadstool, sausages and bacon - not sure we’ll be going back there again!

Hopefully someone took a photo, till next time

graham b

Postby graham b » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:05 pm

nero1701 wrote:
graham b wrote:Yes, 175 miles for me,
35 to meet
77 run
Nice little drive 8-)

As I’ve only had the car a couple of weeks, a couple of shorter and closer runs first to build some confidence in the car. Then I’ll tackle the further away runs.

good idea , take it easy......was a great run though. :D
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Thanks for organising Kenton :)
As Tony said, at 6 it was dark and wet, but definitely made a good decision going for it.

I arrived at Maresfield at the same time as Tony. Matt and Graham looked like they'd been there a while.

I got caught at red lights twice in Uckfield, so didn't see anyone apart from Graham until after the Camber road! On the Udimore road I had a Porsche behind and with dirty screen and low sun limiting my speed to well below the limit, I pulled off to let him past. I found myself in a large empty flat carpark with wet muddy surface, so couldn't resist doing half a donut to turn round :lol:

There was a really strong cross wind east of Rye which made life interesting, but we all got together and had a clear run down the military road.

Breakfast was good quality but rather meagre. I paid an extra £1.75 for two of the smallest bacon rashers I've seen.

Russ decided Matt and I needed some entertainment as we left the cafe, but I'll let him tell the tale.

All those who stayed in bed missed out!

nero1701

Postby nero1701 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:58 pm

Glad you all had a good run guys
My greatest fear is my wife selling my car parts when I die for what I told her they cost

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:59 pm

When i got up this morning I did consider bailing out but decided I was up so might aswell go for it, it was a great run and I’m glad I did.
I had no trouble with grip for the entire run and nearly all the way home but managed to end up sideways across the end of my road where I normally manage a nice drift :roll: :lol:

Rickyrjb

Postby Rickyrjb » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Sounds like you all had a good run, it was proper pissing it down here at 6 so impressed that nobody bailed.
For future reference the fish farm at Hawkhurst does a top fry up!

PS: paint is drying nicely!
Westfield SEight V8

russtik

Postby russtik » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:08 pm

Same as everyone else; I stuck my head out my bedroom window this morning and noticed I was getting quite wet. Considered bailing then gave myself a talking to and headed out to face the damp roads.

Pretty slippy under tyre it has to be said as I felt the rear losing traction on a number of occasions. Once settled into a defensive style though it was all very enjoyable. Minimal traffic today which makes for a nice change and Rye area always makes for some good driving.

Breakfast was, erm... incomplete, but the ingredients we did have were reasonable quality. When attempting to leave the car park however my engine cut out and wouldn’t restart. Luckily Matt & Duncan were still around so stopped to investigate with me. I say lucky as I’d neglected to bring any tools today so without a loan from Matt I wouldn’t have been able to get at my fuses, which turned out the fuel pump fuse had blown. That replaced it still wouldn’t start but knowing I’d had the dash off the day before I fiddled with some connectors and hey presto engine started. Thanks for hanging back chaps.

In summary; Well worth getting out of bed for.

7974749B-F1A6-4118-9A88-F6D269D34791.jpeg

4FA0A700-F7CE-4A00-8D61-4714B89D8AA1.jpeg

7BAED1B9-C8E4-4255-9818-593ECBC4C1C4.jpeg
Current: Fisher Fury Spyder - 16v Toyota 4AGE
Previous: Road Runner SR2 Turbo - SOLD
Previous: Tiger Avon - Raceline Zetec-R

'Like' SKCC on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Southernkitcars

Return to “Members Run Outs”