Sunday 15th July

Members are encouraged to post details of local runs, a way of meeting owners in your own area.

Moderator: Contaminated

Alex.

Sunday 15th July

Postby Alex. » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:53 am

Guys,

Is anyone out for a blat this Sunday morning?
This is the first Sunday that I do not have anything planned and the missus is also away! The perfect storm of events to get out with like minded bods.

I've not been out on a run before, so unsure how things work.... :o

Alex.

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: Sunday 15th July

Postby Tony B » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm

great shout Alex, unfortunately I doubt (fingers crossed) that Ill be able to make it this Sunday - firstly because I'm all a bit driven out from the recent Alps trip - but secondly because hopefully ill be getting organised to watch Engerland win the cup!!

Just to help others know if they can make it though, what time would suit you starting and finishing? (we normally start at around 7am but you maybe looking for more of a lunchtime run?) - and roughly where would you prefer to finish? (ie breakfast venue or pub lunch?) and how far is comfortable for you?

Hopefully the additional info will encourage some others along soon to help organise a route for you

oh, and by the way - we are obsessed with lists here - we cant live without them - its the law, ill start one for you....

1. Alex

Alex.

Postby Alex. » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Thanks Tony, I have no interest in the feetingball thingy... :D

As the missus is away, I have no limitation on time and early mornings are not a problem. Early would probably be better from a traffic point of view. I'm in Medway, so Maidstone is probably a good starting point, finish is largely irrelevant as I'd just be driving home anyway!
For distance, tank range is about 100 miles and I have been thinking about a run to Wales, which I have done on a motorbike a few times.

It is all new to me, so am open to suggestions. :shock:

Alex.

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:39 pm

As the missus is away, I have no limitation on time and early mornings are not a problem. Early would probably be better from a traffic point of view. I'm in Medway, so Maidstone is probably a good starting point, finish is largely irrelevant as I'd just be driving home anyway!
For distance, tank range is about 100 miles and I have been thinking about a run to Wales, which I have done on a motorbike a few times.

1) Alex.
2) Weathers - perhaps it’s time for a run around Kent? Usually do 60-100 miles on a run.
3)

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Sorry, it's the Tonbridge Lions Tour this weekend for a few of us.

1) Alex.
2) Weathers - perhaps it’s time for a run around Kent? Usually do 60-100 miles on a run.
3)
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:07 am

Oh cr@p I’ve just realised that I’m on the Tour and it’s this weekend!! How did that happen? Mid-July already? :o

It’s rather snuck up on me. I’ll have to pull out of Sunday BUT I’m generally free so if this weekend doesn’t work out for you then there’s generally a run out most weekends.

The various tours and shows are just about over so normal service should be resumed in a few weekends time. :D

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 am

1) Alex.
2)
3)

Alex.

Postby Alex. » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:30 am

Weathers wrote:Oh cr@p I’ve just realised that I’m on the Tour and it’s this weekend!! How did that happen? Mid-July already? :o

It’s rather snuck up on me. I’ll have to pull out of Sunday BUT I’m generally free so if this weekend doesn’t work out for you then there’s generally a run out most weekends.

The various tours and shows are just about over so normal service should be resumed in a few weekends time. :D

This weekend is easier for me, as the missus is away!
Oh well, this thread has given me an idea though. I'll probably get up early, point my Tiger in the direction of Wales and see how far I get and what roads I can find! :D

Alex.

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 am

Alex, let us know what route you take and how you get on. It can always be a dry run for another time for the club!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:27 pm

good shout out Alex, as a few have said, its the hangover for many after a 'tour'...so please do pop a post up again, sure you'll get a few more join in next time around...

Return to “Members Run Outs”