Then final
Highest points starts in pole
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Matth93

Re: Concept cup

Postby Matth93 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:31 pm

For this meeting I have been playing with the setup again so for the first race it was a bit unknown as to what would happen :lol: It took me a couple of laps to get the feel for the car and then I started slowly picking my way through, with 1 lap to go as I went into the corner I got turned by the car behind deciding I was in his way :lol: managed to hold onto it but just then they red flagged it due to another incident so I finished with second in that heat.
Second heat I started on the second row got up to second place and was with first but just couldn’t catch him and finished second.
Final I started front row on the outside but didn’t quite get the start right and was passed by one car on the start. I chased the front 2 the whole race and then noticed another car behind was getting a little closer and trying to get up the inside which I blocked. I was battling to hold him off the rest of the race and on the last straight he turned into the side of my car trying to knock me about so I just gave it back running him out wider and just managing to beat him to the line for 3rd.
So a good day for results and only a little damage nothing serious. Still getting wheelspin out of the corners but I’m going to try something else for next time and see if that helps.
I’ll sort my videos out later and post the links up
IMG_2645.jpeg

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:34 pm

Well done Matt, sounds like a great day.

How did you get on Kev?

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:34 pm

Great day
1st Heat started on pole but no way I was keeping it with Tommy beside me in his faster car
Held 2nd for a while until adam caught up (last seasons champ)
I was actually staying up front in 3rd, thinking I’ve got this as there was quite a gap behind me and laps were dropping off then in a blink the pack sorted themselves and they were sitting on my ass and before I knew it we was 4 abreast going down the start straight but then there was a crash, red flag and everyone went in,

https://youtu.be/pTS4gIIReBI?si=QM4W3BqO0le9MTQ6

Heat 2
Started last as reverse grid but going alright
https://youtu.be/WdlTOL5i_oo?si=oqcPM0qd8To6Fb-b

Final
Near the back of the grid
https://youtu.be/W-yspumwD_Q?si=0xhPVNlMaqroayNK
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Return to “Matt and Kevs Outlaw Racing 2022 Dates”