5th August

Moderator: Contaminated

Matth93

5th August

Postby Matth93 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:50 pm

We was racing again last weekend. The club had a BBQ on Friday night at the track which we went for then me and Kev made the decisions not to bother putting our tents up and that we’d sleep in our cars, Jason made the effort to put his tent up though. So when we got up Saturday Jason had been comfortable but cold, I’d been warm but uncomfortable in my pickup and Kev said he kept dropping off the rear seat of his car :lol: .
Then the rain set in for the day. The track day had to be stopped to clear flooding at one point, then by the time we should have been racing they were trying to clear water off the cut through that we use which took them a hour.
So with the drivers having a vote on wether or not we race we all got ready to have a go.
I was starting in 10th place (back) for each race. 1st race I launched it into the first corner to go instantly sideways and have to hang on tight :lol: that was how the race carried on with very little grip but I managed to get up to 5th.
2nd race was pretty much the same although it did start to dry out just a little by the very end of the race and again I got up to 5th.
So I am hanging on to second in the points with 3rd only a few points from me.
Didn’t get any video from the first race as my camera wouldn’t work but here’s the second
https://youtu.be/KBsWqCLuHG8?si=_zry7PIVgY-Xu_Xd

DJ.

Re: 5th August

Postby DJ. » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:44 pm

Sleeping in the car isn't great preparation for racing! Shame the weather was so bad for you.

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:50 pm

Nice one Matt - looks like fun.

Why don't they let you use the whole track? It's not much longer...

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:35 pm

Apparently they won’t let us because of their insurance and also we’d all need to get race licences to do that. I don’t see the difference really they let you use the whole track on a track day

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:58 pm

Looked tricky out there Matt, seems patience is key, waiting for the cars in front to throw themselves off. :lol:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Return to “Matt and Kevs Outlaw Racing 2022 Dates”