Testing the ICE (Curling Event)

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Testing the ICE (Curling Event)

Postby Nash » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:15 am

Have you been watching the Winter Olympics and in particular the Curling? Fancy a go? Well me too but don't fancy a drive to Scotland to do it! (Uuuummmh?)

Well we don't have to as there is a curling rink in KENT!

http://www.fentonsrink.co.uk/Public-and-Family-Bookings

If we can get enough interest (minimum 8, max 30) it costs £20 a head for 2 hours). The rink is only open til April and weekends are still available but filling up. So if you're interested get your name down below and if we have enough then I'll sort it:

1/ Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: Testing the ICE (Curling Event)

Postby Tony B » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:21 am

Have you been watching the Winter Olympics and in particular the Curling? Fancy a go? Well me too but don't fancy a drive to Scotland to do it! (Uuuummmh?)

Well we don't have to as there is a curling rink in KENT!

http://www.fentonsrink.co.uk/Public-and-Family-Bookings

If we can get enough interest (minimum 8, max 30) it costs £20 a head for 2 hours). The rink is only open til April and weekends are still available but filling up. So if you're interested get your name down below and if we have enough then I'll sort it:

1/ Neil
2, Tony B

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:03 am

1/ Neil
2, Tony B
3/ Mark

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:51 pm

1/ Neil
2, Tony B
3/ Mark
4; Matt H

steve m

Postby steve m » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Ive done curling twice, once in Sweden and on REAL ice, and once either in Los Angeles, or Atlanta, cant remember which place, but it was on artificial ice, a bit like wet granite, and its nothing like playing on ice

Its actually quite a difficult game, and just standing up can be a challenge as you have one rubber shoe (stays were you put your foot) and the other is very slippery, and just keeping your legs together is well funny,

It HAS to be real ice for it to be any fun, the other was just boring and too predictable

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:10 pm

1/ Neil
2, Tony B
3/ Mark
4; Matt H
5. Rich G
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:37 pm

whats happening then - ive told the missus she needs a new broom cos im taking her current one.....

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Tony B wrote:whats happening then - ive told the missus she needs a new broom cos im taking her current one.....

Blimey, I thought you had to be dead to do this :lol: but your still with us T
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

kenton

Postby kenton » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:56 pm

1/ Neil
2, Tony B
3/ Mark
4; Matt H
5. Rich G
6 - Kenton (subject to date)

kenton

Postby kenton » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Tony B wrote:whats happening then - ive told the missus she needs a new broom cos im taking her current one.....

What! your giving her permission to go shopping?

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”