The 2018 SKCC ANNUAL MEET Sept 8th (This ones the nuts! Honest!)

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

The 2018 SKCC ANNUAL MEET Sept 8th (This ones the nuts! Honest!)

Postby b33fy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:49 pm

A seed has been sown, steerage from Captain G has been sought and signed off, Team Crunchie has signed up..

Saturday 8th September is the date, consult your horoscopes, Swmbos, girlfriends, boyfriends, pet iguana or whatever else floats your boat. Get the date in your diary, no excuses..

The plan is (unless someone’s got a better one, though I doubt it, this is a cracker..) Is to get ourselves to brands hatch to support one of our own, Paul, aka Crunchie Gears, rag his beetle silly for four hours, to win a cup of sorts.

Details yet to be thrashed out though essentially the plan would be for the easterners to meet the westerners at a mutually agreed point, for a bit of a romp, before rocking up to Brands hatch on mass. We will negotiate parking in the circuit, then breakie in the kentagon, which is surprisingly good. We will then be in hospitality, on the start finish straight, with brilliant views of all the action for the day.

Paul has tabled some very kind and extremely genourous offers of kindness, which are currently at a high level and need a layer of detail added before sharing later.. (sorry about the Nash speak :lol: ) This will add hugely to the day, seriously, trust me!!!

Hospitality is yet to be negotiated, prelimary talks are underway between my people and their people, it is expected to end favourably towards the SKCC. (sorry, more Nash speak :D )

Limiting factor, places.. 36 in the Suite

And cost.. expected to be no more than £20 - £25 a head, which will include circuit entry, use of the suite all day and complimentary tea, coffee and soft drinks. If I get the right levels of interest I’ll firm up the cost ASAP

Update.

Paul has confirmed that there will be a lunch provided for all SKCC’rs, which will be served in Team Crunchies Garage in the lunch break after their Grid formation. Anyone with any Nut or bolt allergies,, tough. Would you like wd40 with that sir? You bettcha. Lol

Paul thanks again from everyone, extremely generous of you, top man :D

Update 25/01/18

Great response, thanks all. I’ve emailed the suite owner and am awaiting a response. Will post up as soon as I have a firm price.

Update 27/01/18

The suite has been secured, our people came good and it comes in on budget at £25 per head. So we do not loose the suite and peace of mind etc, full payment will be imminent, watch this space. Mark and I appreciate its a little more than previous years events, though believe me, this is blindingly cheap and includes admission to the circuit which on its own is around £15, Use of the suite all day, dump your gear etc and complimentary teas coffees and soft drinks.

I went with a different provider as the original contact I used has changed hands and we were miles apart on the price. The company we will be with is Hatch Hospitality Faceache linkage here..

https://www.facebook.com/pg/HatchHospit ... e_internal

Once I speak to the suite owner, I'll post up payment details and ask that you kindly make prompt payment other wise I'll be stuck with a big bill

Update 31/01/18

Invoice for a considerable amount has been recieved :o so timely payment would be appreciated. Can you kindly use the link below to make your payment. Please ensure it’s a friends and family payment, and let me know your forum name if it’s not obvious from the payment details. Lastly please indicate on the list when you have paid.

I’ll let this run to February 28th if you haven’t paid by then, your place will be forfeited and offered out to others. I won’t be chasing payment or sending constant reminders.

Thanks all.

https://www.paypal.me/MCurtin/25

Update 5/02/18
22 currently paid up, deposit sent to Jack at Hatch Hospitality. Thanks to all that have paid promptly.

Update 25/02/18
A Huge thanks to all who have paid up. All payments triangulated :roll: and measure up, thanks again all (5 syllables Nash, another for your back pocket..) I've paid the suite up to date thus far, though would like to clear the balance ASAP. As previously requested, payment by the end of the month is the target. A nudge to those who have put themselves forward and still need to pay up. Thank you to Mike B who I've heard from and is currently otherwise indisposed, and will pay up once he's released. :lol:

A slight change to the list, Dicky has been replaced by swmbo.(need someone to push the car when it conks out) He'll be joining us for the run then doing his own family thing at Brands.

Paul is firming up lunch arrangements, the details of which will be announced shortly. To note, access to lunch will be for those paid up peeps on this list only, as the two fish and five loaves wont stretch any further.

Lastly a huge thank you for supporting this event and going with the early arrangements and payment. This has enabled me to secure an excellent deal on the suite and assisted Paul greatly in organising his contribution to what is going to be a great day.

Update 26/2/18
Contact has been made with the suite, all places confirmed signed and sealed so we can park that up until closer to the date. Tickets are usually released by Brands Hatch to the suite owners about a fortnight before the event, so the game plan would be to distribute them at the meet point for the run into Brands Hatch. If in the event not all make it to the meet point, tickets can be left at a pick up point at the circuit entrance, (wooden hut around the paddock entrance) So don't panic. I'll post up the details closer to the day so don't worry about remembering all the info.

If you suddenly find yourself unable to go, then I'll leave it to you to pass your place on, though I ask that you let me know so I can update the guest list.

It really is our lucky day, Paul has pulled out all the stops and arranged the use of a double decker hospitality bus from Morgan Motor Company, I believe possibly a routemaster or similar.. Anyhow lunch will be served on the bus, which will be parked hopefully at the back of the pits complex overlooking the back of the circuit. The bus will be available throughout the day to us as an additional vantage point and there will be other invited guests of the racing team using the facility

There is no such thing as a free lunch so This arrangement is only available to hospitality suite ticket holders only There will be a guest list and you will be expected to have your ticket available for inspection by the eerr.. ticket inspector If the ticket and guest list don't tally, then expect to be asked politely to leave. Apologies to the SKCC crew for putting this up here, freeganism stops here and the bus don't do free rides.

The thread will probably go quiet until closer to the date, don't worry, I won't forget about the final arrangements, tickets, meet points runs etc and will post up in due course.

Lastly on behalf of the SKCC a huge thanks to Paul for his generosity and all the best with your preparations for the coming season.

26th August 2018

Current Guest List

1st . B33fy paid
2. James. Paid
3. Neil Paid via PayPal
4. Mark G paid via ppal
5. Jay.p, paid 6th feb
6+7 James and Jill Paid via paypal.
8/ rOb e paid ppal
9. pHIl n (paid via Paypal)
10+11 Lee G + 1 (PAID VIA PAYPAL)
12. Richard.(VIA PAYPAL)
13. Tony C - paid, thanks for organising
14. Duncan - Paid
15. Russ - Paid
16. Tony B - Paid
17. Sparkyj -piad
18. SteveRST - Paid pp
19. Dick, paid 6th feb
20# Matt H Paid
21. Linda (B33fys swmbo) paid
22+23 Tony H +1 (paid £50 7th Feb)
24< Kenton * paid paypal*
25 Bob G (PAID via Paypal 01.02.2018)
26: Steve B Paid Paypal
27&28 Tony T and Ms T
29&30 David and Mrs T (paid £50 06Feb)
31. Mike B (paid by PayPal 26th Feb)
32. Kegco 01-02-18 paid PayPal £50
33. Kegco dad 01-02-18 paid
34. Colin P (Paid with Paypal 01/02/18)
35. Gary paid 4/02/18
36. James (with Gary) paid. 4/02/18
37. Robert ( Paid with Pay Pal 02/02/18)
38&39 ChrisL + William (Paid 01/02/18 - PayPal)
40. Andy F (paid with paypal)
Last edited by b33fy on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Nash

Re: The 2018 SKCC ANNUAL MEET. (This ones the nuts! Honest!)

Postby Nash » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:05 pm

A seed has been sown, steerage from Captain G has been sought and signed off, Team Crunchie has signed up..

Saturday 8th September is the date, consult your horoscopes, Swmbos, girlfriends, boyfriends, pet iguana or whatever else floats your boat. Get the date in your diary, no excuses..

The plan is (unless someone’s got a better one, though I doubt it, this is a cracker..) Is to get ourselves to brands hatch to support one of our own, Paul, aka Crunchie Gears, rag his beetle silly for four hours, to win a cup of sorts.

Details yet to be thrashed out though essentially the plan would be for the easterners to meet the westerners at a mutually agreed point, for a bit of a romp, before rocking up to Brands hatch on mass. We will negotiate parking in the circuit, then breakie in the kentagon, which is surprisingly good. We will then be in hospitality, on the start finish straight, with brilliant views of all the action for the day.

Paul has tabled some very kind and extremely genourous offers of kindness, which are currently at a high level and need a layer of detail added before sharing later.. (sorry about the Nash speak :lol: ) This will add hugely to the day, seriously, trust me!!!

Hospitality is yet to be negotiated, prelimary talks are underway between my people and their people, it is expected to end favourably towards the SKCC. (sorry, more Nash speak :D ) Oi cheeky boy

And cost.. expected to be no more than £20 - £25 a head, which will include circuit entry, use of the suite all day and complimentary tea, coffee and soft drinks. If I get the right levels of interest I’ll firm up the cost ASAP

1. B33fy
2. James.
3. Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:13 pm

Hospitality is yet to be negotiated, prelimary talks are underway between my people and their people, it is expected to end favourably towards the SKCC. (sorry, more Nash speak :D ) Oi cheeky boy

1. B33fy
2. James.
3. Neil
4. Mark G

Jay

Postby Jay » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:29 pm

Unread postWed Jan 24, 2018 9:13 pm

Paul has tabled some very kind and extremely genourous offers of kindness, which are currently at a high level and need a layer of detail added before sharing later.. (sorry about the Nash speak  ) This will add hugely to the day, seriously, trust me!!!

Hospitality is yet to be negotiated, prelimary talks are underway between my people and their people, it is expected to end favourably towards the SKCC. (sorry, more Nash speak  ) Oi cheeky boy

1. B33fy
2. James.
3. Neil
4. Mark G
5. Jay.p

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Unread postWed Jan 24, 2018 9:13 pm

Paul has tabled some very kind and extremely genourous offers of kindness, which are currently at a high level and need a layer of detail added before sharing later.. (sorry about the Nash speak  ) This will add hugely to the day, seriously, trust me!!!

Hospitality is yet to be negotiated, prelimary talks are underway between my people and their people, it is expected to end favourably towards the SKCC. (sorry, more Nash speak  ) Oi cheeky boy

1. B33fy
2. James.
3. Neil
4. Mark G
5. Jay.p
6. James and Jill
James
The man in the Red Coat

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:50 pm

1. B33fy
2. James.
3. Neil
4. Mark G
5. Jay.p
6. James and Jill
7/ rOb e
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:56 pm

Paul has tabled some very kind and extremely genourous offers of kindness, which are currently at a high level and need a layer of detail added before sharing later.. (sorry about the Nash speak ) This will add hugely to the day, seriously, trust me!!!

Hospitality is yet to be negotiated, prelimary talks are underway between my people and their people, it is expected to end favourably towards the SKCC. (sorry, more Nash speak ) Oi cheeky boy

1. B33fy
2. James.
3. Neil
4. Mark G
5. Jay.p
6. James and Jill
7/ rOb e
9-1= 8 pHIl n
9 is more than a number

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Paul has tabled some very kind and extremely genourous offers of kindness, which are currently at a high level and need a layer of detail added before sharing later.. (sorry about the Nash speak ) This will add hugely to the day, seriously, trust me!!!

Hospitality is yet to be negotiated, prelimary talks are underway between my people and their people, it is expected to end favourably towards the SKCC. (sorry, more Nash speak ) Oi cheeky boy

1. B33fy
2. James.
3. Neil
4. Mark G
5. Jay.p
6+7 James and Jill
8/ rOb e
9. pHIl n

Sorted for you Phil.. :roll: Only been up 10 minutes third full already!!!

Paul has confirmed, there is such thing as a free lunch!! Which will be served in Team Crunchies Garage in the lunch break after their Grid formation. Anyone with any Nut or bolt allergies,, tough. Would you like wd40 with that sir? You bettcha. Lol

Paul thanks again from everyone, extremely generous of you, top man :D
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

leegav

Postby leegav » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:11 pm

. B33fy
2. James.
3. Neil
4. Mark G
5. Jay.p
6+7 James and Jill
8/ rOb e
9. pHIl n
10 Lee G + 1
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Totally gutted now, after seeing the dates Paul put up I thought this was such a good idea but unfortunately I am away, so all I can say is Gutted but have a great time everyone. I will catch up on the gossip and photos while on Holiday.

1. B33fy
2. James.
3. Neil
4. Mark G
5. Jay.p
6+7 James and Jill
8/ rOb e
9. pHIl n
10 Lee G + 1
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”