Tyre not working

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

David T

Tyre not working

Postby David T » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:56 am

I've got a route worked out for tomorrow morning created in Google Maps. I'm now trying to recreate it in Tyre, but after the first waypoint is created it won't create any more, just get a repeating brief flash of the doughnut of doom.

It's the latest version of Tyre and I'm on a fairly high-spec PC running latest Windows 10.

Anybody else have this problem? Even better anybody know of a fix?

I've wasted enough time now, so going off to do something more productive instead!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Tyre not working

Postby greenwoo » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:17 am

nope, no problems this end. i last downloaded on a new lappie about a month back and its working fine on this one and the other lappies/pc's that i use here/work....

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:37 am

Not sure, I had a few issues with Tyre years ago which is why I switched to ITN convertor, find it much better......

David T

Postby David T » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:32 am

Thanks will try another laptop.

David T

Postby David T » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Tony B wrote:Not sure, I had a few issues with Tyre years ago which is why I switched to ITN convertor, find it much better......

Switched to ITN converter and it worked just fine. Used it years ago, but went back to Tyre. Tyre worked for me last weekend. I suspect that Google has changed something on the maps interface and Tyre is not keeping its software up to date. It always seemed a bit bloated and slow. I will uninstall now and hopefully ITN converter will keep working.

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”