Summer Gathering Sept 3rd

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: Summer Gathering Sept 3rd

Postby Nash » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Sorry all I can't make this (gutted) however it's actually my birthday and the wifester is taking me away.

Mattijs wrote:Seems daft to be writing about Summer Gatherings whilst its pouring with rain, but hey ho.

Apologies to the Masses, this has been on my radar for ages and have had several abortive attempts to come up with something fresh that would appeal and that is within the main part of 'the patch'......Suffice to say that i couldnt find anything better than something we've done before.....

Sooooo.
3rd Sep the gathering will be at Bentley Wildfowl, down nr Uckfield ( will put details in a post nearer the time).
For those that haven't been along to a 'gathering', this is a chance to dust off your motor and meet a number of like minded folks from within the Club.
We normally kick off with 'Brekkie' at around 09.00, so that stragglers can rock up on the ownsome, or join in with a pre-arranged drive to brekkie. After something unhealthy we drive pretty much 'en-masse' to Bentley where we can wander, chew the fat and talk about anything from carbs ( engine type not diet) to the difference between sweetcorn and maize. Partners/other halfs welcome. At Bentley we get to park on the lawn infront of the main building and no doubt our cars will be the star attraction for 'joe public'.

We have a reduced group rate of £6.50 per person.

Details about brekkie venue etc will follow much nearer the time, but for now i need a show of hands.....and please, do check your diaries and commit :D
In the past we've had both ends of the spectrum - where we've had 25 names down and about 40 have turned up or 40 names and 25 turn up!
Brekkie isn't compulsory, but kind of 'makes it' a bit as we all then arrive pretty much together, which is key as they don't want to keep opening the gate to allow access to the lawn area.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin and mandy
6/ Richard g
7/ Colin and Sue
8/ Tony T
9/ Andy F + 1
10/ Mike b
11/ Crunchie (head office has declined but stamped the ticket :D )
12/ Neil H (possibly +1)
13/ Tommo67 (Dave)
14/ Colin P
15/ David T + 1
16/ ChrisMiltonV8
17/ Mattijs (for real)
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:40 am

Seems daft to be writing about Summer Gatherings whilst its pouring with rain, but hey ho.

Apologies to the Masses, this has been on my radar for ages and have had several abortive attempts to come up with something fresh that would appeal and that is within the main part of 'the patch'......Suffice to say that i couldnt find anything better than something we've done before.....

Sooooo.
3rd Sep the gathering will be at Bentley Wildfowl, down nr Uckfield ( will put details in a post nearer the time).
For those that haven't been along to a 'gathering', this is a chance to dust off your motor and meet a number of like minded folks from within the Club.
We normally kick off with 'Brekkie' at around 09.00, so that stragglers can rock up on the ownsome, or join in with a pre-arranged drive to brekkie. After something unhealthy we drive pretty much 'en-masse' to Bentley where we can wander, chew the fat and talk about anything from carbs ( engine type not diet) to the difference between sweetcorn and maize. Partners/other halfs welcome. At Bentley we get to park on the lawn infront of the main building and no doubt our cars will be the star attraction for 'joe public'.

Details about brekkie venue etc will follow much nearer the time, but for now i need a show of hands.....and please, do check your diaries and commit :D
In the past we've had both ends of the spectrum - where we've had 25 names down and about 40 have turned up or 40 names and 25 turn up!
Brekkie isn't compulsory, but kind of 'makes it' a bit as we all then arrive pretty much together, which is key as they don't want to keep opening the gate to allow access to the lawn area.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin and mandy
6/ Richard g
7/ Colin and Sue
8/ Tony T
9/ Andy F + 1
10/ Mike b
12/ Neil H (possibly +1)
13/ Tommo67 (Dave)
14/ Colin P
15/ David T + 1
16/ ChrisMiltonV8
17/ Mattijs (for real

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Seems daft to be writing about Summer Gatherings whilst its pouring with rain, but hey ho.

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin and mandy
6/ Richard g
7/ Colin and Sue
8/ Tony T
9/ Andy F + 1
10/ Mike b
12/ Neil H (possibly +1)
13/ Tommo67 (Dave)
14/ Colin P
15/ David T + 1
16/ ChrisMiltonV8
17/ Mattijs (for real
18/ kegco poss +1
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin and mandy
6/ Richard g
7/ Colin and Sue
8/ Tony T
9/ Andy F + 1
10/ Mike b
12/ Neil H (possibly +1)
13/ Tommo67 (Dave)
14/ Colin P
15/ David T + 1
16/ ChrisMiltonV8
17/ Mattijs (for real
18/ kegco poss +1
19/ Weathers (Chris) & Lindsey

kenton

Postby kenton » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin and mandy
6/ Richard g
7/ Colin and Sue
8/ Tony T
9/ Andy F + 1
10/ Mike b
12/ Neil H (possibly +1)
13/ Tommo67 (Dave)
14/ Colin P
15/ David T + 1
16/ ChrisMiltonV8
17/ Mattijs (for real
18/ kegco poss +1
20, Kenton

sparkyj83

Postby sparkyj83 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:17 am

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin and mandy
6/ Richard g
7/ Colin and Sue
8/ Tony T
9/ Andy F + 1
10/ Mike b
12/ Neil H (possibly +1)
13/ Tommo67 (Dave)
14/ Colin P
15/ David T + 1
16/ ChrisMiltonV8
17/ Mattijs (for real
18/ kegco poss +1
20, Kenton
21/ sparky jay

Partofthechaos

Postby Partofthechaos » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Hello All,

I'm hoping to become a kit owner very soon, but currently it is still very much in the planning stage. I would be very grateful for the opportunity to meet you and your cars if that is an option? I live to the east of Brighton, so close to this outing. I can either meet you there or blag a ride if someone is passing?

Thanks!

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Partofthechaos wrote:Hello All,

I'm hoping to become a kit owner very soon, but currently it is still very much in the planning stage. I would be very grateful for the opportunity to meet you and your cars if that is an option? I live to the east of Brighton, so close to this outing. I can either meet you there or blag a ride if someone is passing?

Thanks!

Hi sounds like a great plan. :D I will be at breakfast, hopefully in the kit if it is fixed (it should be) and will have an empty seat; all be it very tight in the the car. You are more than welcome if you do not get a better offer and can fit :? :D

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:56 am

As it is a show, I was thinking about creating a factsheet about my car to stick on the windscreen, just for those 10 questions people are always asking me (how much? How long? What engine? Etc.. ) .

Is this a done thing? Anyone else? Or will this be a cause for much merriment, along with my driving gloves? :)

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:55 am

@Neil.... yep a fact sheet is a good idea, something that many of us have done in the past...sometimes we need a fresh face to prompt us or make suggestions.
( folks, on any thread where there are names etc, pls copy those into your own post so that info doesn't get lost).

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin and mandy
6/ Richard g
7/ Colin and Sue
8/ Tony T
9/ Andy F + 1
10/ Mike b
12/ Neil H (possibly +1)
13/ Tommo67 (Dave)
14/ Colin P
15/ David T + 1
16/ ChrisMiltonV8
17/ Mattijs (for real
18/ kegco poss +1
20, Kenton
21/ sparky jay

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”