Summer Gathering Sept 3rd

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Summer Gathering Sept 3rd

Postby greenwoo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:21 pm

Main meet point will be the Chalet Cafe at Cowfold. We'll leave there en-masse at 10.00, so would suggest that those that will be partaking in a healthy full english will want to be there around 9-9.15.
I'll post a sep run to there from Edenbridge Caravan....if anyone coming from the West wants to arrange a run that'd be cool.
ITN will be available from Chalet to Bentley - 30miles, timed to get there for approx 11.00. Please all have the correct money to hand for entry £6.50 per person

Seems daft to be writing about Summer Gatherings whilst its pouring with rain, but hey ho.

Apologies to the Masses, this has been on my radar for ages and have had several abortive attempts to come up with something fresh that would appeal and that is within the main part of 'the patch'......Suffice to say that i couldnt find anything better than something we've done before.....

Sooooo.
3rd Sep the gathering will be at Bentley Wildfowl, down nr Uckfield ( will put details in a post nearer the time).
For those that haven't been along to a 'gathering', this is a chance to dust off your motor and meet a number of like minded folks from within the Club.
We normally kick off with 'Brekkie' at around 09.00, so that stragglers can rock up on the ownsome, or join in with a pre-arranged drive to brekkie. After something unhealthy we drive pretty much 'en-masse' to Bentley where we can wander, chew the fat and talk about anything from carbs ( engine type not diet) to the difference between sweetcorn and maize. Partners/other halfs welcome. At Bentley we get to park on the lawn infront of the main building and no doubt our cars will be the star attraction for 'joe public'.

We have a reduced group rate of £6.50 per person.

Details about brekkie venue etc will follow much nearer the time, but for now i need a show of hands.....and please, do check your diaries and commit :D
In the past we've had both ends of the spectrum - where we've had 25 names down and about 40 have turned up or 40 names and 25 turn up!
Brekkie isn't compulsory, but kind of 'makes it' a bit as we all then arrive pretty much together, which is key as they don't want to keep opening the gate to allow access to the lawn area.

1/ Mark

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: Summer Gathering Sept 3rd

Postby Tony B » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:08 pm

Seems daft to be writing about Summer Gatherings whilst its pouring with rain, but hey ho.

Apologies to the Masses, this has been on my radar for ages and have had several abortive attempts to come up with something fresh that would appeal and that is within the main part of 'the patch'......Suffice to say that i couldnt find anything better than something we've done before.....

Sooooo.
3rd Sep the gathering will be at Bentley Wildfowl, down nr Uckfield ( will put details in a post nearer the time).
For those that haven't been along to a 'gathering', this is a chance to dust off your motor and meet a number of like minded folks from within the Club.
We normally kick off with 'Brekkie' at around 09.00, so that stragglers can rock up on the ownsome, or join in with a pre-arranged drive to brekkie. After something unhealthy we drive pretty much 'en-masse' to Bentley where we can wander, chew the fat and talk about anything from carbs ( engine type not diet) to the difference between sweetcorn and maize. Partners/other halfs welcome. At Bentley we get to park on the lawn infront of the main building and no doubt our cars will be the star attraction for 'joe public'.

Details about brekkie venue etc will follow much nearer the time, but for now i need a show of hands.....and please, do check your diaries and commit :D
In the past we've had both ends of the spectrum - where we've had 25 names down and about 40 have turned up or 40 names and 25 turn up!
Brekkie isn't compulsory, but kind of 'makes it' a bit as we all then arrive pretty much together, which is key as they don't want to keep opening the gate to allow access to the lawn area.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
James
The man in the Red Coat

Martin S

Postby Martin S » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin s

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:31 pm

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin s
6/ Richard g

Bumps anybody ?
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:40 pm

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin s
6/ Richard g
7/ Colin and Sue

Bumps anybody ?
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Tony T

Postby Tony T » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Wingco wrote:Seems daft to be writing about Summer Gatherings whilst its pouring with rain, but hey ho.

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin s
6/ Richard g
7/ Colin and Sue
8/ Tony T
Bumps anybody ?

andyf

Postby andyf » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:42 pm

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin s
6/ Richard g
7/ Colin and Sue
8/ Tony T
Bumps anybody ?
9/ Andy F + 1
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

Green Indy

Postby Green Indy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Sooooo.

1/ Mark
2/ Tony B
3/ Matt H
4/ James and Jill
5/ martin s
6/ Richard g
7/ Colin and Sue
8/ Tony T
9/ Andy F + 1
10/ Mike B

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”