SKCC Car Limits Activity Day Fri 29th Sept

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Fury1630

Re: SKCC Car Limits Activity Day Fri 29th Sept

Postby Fury1630 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:53 pm

So - how wet was it??
Wet 01.jpg

Wet 02.jpg

Wet 04.jpg

Wet 12.jpg

Wet 15.jpg

Not terribly crisp they were taken right across the airfield through the Fury window.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Well done for getting some photos guys :)
Tony, they're great photos considering the conditions! I'm surprised I didn't get a lot wetter looking at that photo of my car :lol:

Thanks for organising Mark and Neil, I had a great day despite the weather. In fact, at least the wet conditions meant I wasn't dead last at everything like last time :mrgreen:

I only got a couple of photos:

Here's the SKCC cars being attacked by mutant wheelie bins:
P1000714.JPG

And I couldn't resist a photo comparing Paul's beast with my car:

P1000716.JPG

Anyone who hasn't tried one of these days should give it a go. They are a lot of fun, and the timing is only for those who are interested. It's a great chance to try the limits of your car in a safe environment, or as Russ said today, "a great chance to find out how really bad you are at driving", he was talking to me at the time........

Jay

Postby Jay » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:13 pm

Well that was challenging. Had a great day today with lots of laughs along the way. Well done to everyone, think everyone done great considering the conditions. Thanks for organising the day and will look forward to next years.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:12 pm

By the way, I couldn't be bothered to stop for fuel on the way home, so arrived with the needle touching the red zone. Eastbourne to North Weald, the car limits day and home on one tank of fuel was pretty good, although the wet weather reduced consumption.

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Thanks for organising today I think it being wet made it more interesting as when would we normally drive our cars like that in that weather. I've put together a little bit of video of my spins
https://youtu.be/ff54jzWYKz0

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Brilliant!

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:00 am

Getting up yesterday and the rain was coming down like a tropical storm :shock: I felt like I was on a spring road trip in Scotland :lol: :? My bed was tempting but ----.

I drove very gingerly and had some delays but glad I was not late.

As for the day itself. The car did struggle a bit as it performed like an Astra parked on a leafy lane late at night; it gets all hot and steamy :oops: not that there is any chance of that in it :lol: The truth is I am a bit scared of the thing when it was very wet. That said it probable is the point of these days. It was much easier in the damp. I also need to get fitter as I am a bit slow at catching it if it get very wayward.

I really enjoyed the company and Rob's risky comments :lol: :lol: 8-) The day for me is more meeting up, banter than the cones, so on that front had a great time.

Thanks to the management for organizing the a super day. Appreciate :D :D

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:29 am

Yes, thanks one & all for organising, I found out a thing or two about my car that I can sort out with the winter upgrades (starting just about now) which for me is the point of these days. Sorry my daughter wasn't there, probably just as well in those conditions :D

sparkyj83

Postby sparkyj83 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Well it was all going so well , was having some wonderful wet fun bouncing off the rev limiter for a couple of hours , spinning the wheels up in 6th up the fast left hander (68 mph top score happy days ) then i did this to my clutch basket very lucky the peaces did not go in to the engine so a new inner clutch basket and fingers crossed all should be well again thanks for a partly great day lol .
IMG_5768.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG
Attachments
IMG_9483.JPG

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Quick work getting that stripped & diagnosed, hopefully an easy fix, but really you need a nice Zetec in there - that'll fix it :D :lol:

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”