EU 2018....sunday 27may-2nd june (saturday)

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

EU 2018....sunday 27may-2nd june (saturday)

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:26 pm

The not the same as before Tour......
I have a plan, but if someone has a better one, feel free to shout out via PM......
7 days, starting 27th May ( the sunday of the bank holiday weekend) and ending on the Saturday of the 2nd June.
5 nights in the same Hotel with round robin days out for 4 days.

Why the change in dates/length? Well that's because we're going to the Rhone Alpes, ie/ the part of France between Grenoble and Mont Blanc (ish).
4 round robins will give us a really good feel for the area, and we will break up the days somewhat so that we experience other (lofty) scenic routes through areas such as the Parc De Vercours as well as experiencing the more well known passes around Val D'izere etc etc

For sure the trip will cost a bit more than in previous years due to 3 points; the xtra night, the pound to euro and the fact that the French don't like to negotiate too much! ( cue sarky comments about WW2).

1/ Mark G

sparkyj83

Re: EU 2018....

Postby sparkyj83 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:35 pm

I have a plan, but if someone has a better one, feel free to shout out via PM......
6 days, starting the Tues before the 2nd May Holiday, finishing on the Sunday of the Bank Hol w/end.
4 nights in the same Hotel with round robin days out for 3 days.
Alsace/Vosges, with trips across the the B/Forest for more unfinished business and some new roads, trips to the Northern most Vosges and the southern lower.
or for those fancying tourist stuff....there's days out possible to Strasbourg/Mulhouse ( car museum etc)

Having trailed through the area a few times i was surprised that there are parts of this which we havent touched, or more importantly , haven't touched on a weekday. Normally its forms part of the route for getting back up country.

we'll get to costs later on, but broadly its likely to be around the same as this year, unless the bum falls out of the pound!

1/ Mark G
2/ sparky jay

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:07 pm

6 days, starting the Tues before the 2nd May Holiday, finishing on the Sunday of the Bank Hol w/end.
Alsace/Vosges, with trips across the the B/Forest for more unfinished business and some new roads, trips to the Northern most Vosges and the southern lower.
or for those fancying tourist stuff....there's days out possible to Strasbourg/Mulhouse ( car museum etc)

Having trailed through the area a few times i was surprised that there are parts of this which we havent touched, or more importantly , haven't touched on a weekday. Normally its forms part of the route for getting back up country.

we'll get to costs later on, but broadly its likely to be around the same as this year, unless the bum falls out of the pound!

1/ Mark G
2/ sparky jay
3/ Rich G
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:11 pm

1/ Mark G
2/ sparky jay
3/ Rich G
4/ Phil Da Flasher
9 is more than a number

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:46 am

1/ Mark G
2/ sparky jay
3/ Rich G (captain quick )
4/ Phil Da Flasher
5) rob beeeeeeee
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

gdp66

Postby gdp66 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:21 pm

1/ Mark G
2/ sparky jay
4/ Phil Da Flasher
5) rob beeeeeeee
6) Gary

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:40 am

7 days, starting 27th May ( the sunday of the bank holiday weekend) and ending on the Saturday of the 2nd June.
5 nights in the same Hotel with round robin days out for 4 days.

Why the change in dates/length? Well that's because we're going to the Rhone Alpes, ie/ the part of France between Grenoble and Mont Blanc (ish).
4 round robins will give us a really good feel for the area, and we will break up the days somewhat so that we experience other (lofty) scenic routes through areas such as the Parc De Vercours as well as experiencing the more well known passes around Val D'izere etc etc

For sure the trip will cost a bit more than in previous years due to 3 points; the xtra night, the pound to euro and the fact that the French don't like to negotiate too much! ( cue sarky comments about WW2).

1/ Mark G
2/ sparky jay
4/ Phil Da Flasher
5) rob beeeeeeee
6) Gary
7/ Weathers (depending on childcare but can work that out later on!)
8/

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: EU 2018....sunday 27may-2nd june (saturday)

Postby greenwoo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:37 am

Sorry for having been a bit silent on this...work got on top for a while!
I'll be asking for deposits shortly, so keep an eye open.

Planning has been ongoing and finding the right Hotel has been a royal PITA....the issue as ever has been finding good value, in a suitable area; suitable meaning the right environs where we can stroll to bars/restaurants without being hemmed in, plus it has to be in the right area to give best access to 'round robins'.
I had nailed down the area some months back but it was too early to get a true handle on finalising the 'real' hotel rates. Unfortunately the one i had in mind is all over the place with the costs so will keep that as a reserve. Had a promising conversation yesterday with relatively new owners of a small hotel in a little town not far from Chambery in Fr.
If they come through with the right deal then we'll take over half of the Hotel, with easy parking and and easy walk to a few bars/eateries.

The routes themselves were fleshed out months ago...and just need tweaking, i'm pleased with them...they'll give us a real variety of driving routes, not just the obvious resorts/passes but also a couple of areas that i'm sure none of us will have done before -PLUS the possibility for a short day in Annecy where we can wander and chill by the Lake.

I'll update this in a week or two with news abot the deposit etc and will ask you for details about car registration/passport etc so that I can reserve E/Tunnel. To be clear, we'll head out early on the Sunday 27th, arriving in the Rhone Alpes that evening, giving us 5 nights in the same Hotel - with 4 'round robins', taking a leisurely drive home on the Friday/Sat....we'll be back in Blighty on Sat the 2nd end of the afternoon......

1/ Mark G
2/ sparky jay
4/ Phil Da Flasher
5) rob beeeeeeee
6) Gary
8/chris the car

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Been waiting for some news on this one, sounds great!!

Planning has been ongoing and finding the right Hotel has been a royal PITA....the issue as ever has been finding good value, in a suitable area; suitable meaning the right environs where we can stroll to bars/restaurants without being hemmed in, plus it has to be in the right area to give best access to 'round robins'.
I had nailed down the area some months back but it was too early to get a true handle on finalising the 'real' hotel rates. Unfortunately the one i had in mind is all over the place with the costs so will keep that as a reserve. Had a promising conversation yesterday with relatively new owners of a small hotel in a little town not far from Chambery in Fr.
If they come through with the right deal then we'll take over half of the Hotel, with easy parking and and easy walk to a few bars/eateries.

The routes themselves were fleshed out months ago...and just need tweaking, i'm pleased with them...they'll give us a real variety of driving routes, not just the obvious resorts/passes but also a couple of areas that i'm sure none of us will have done before -PLUS the possibility for a short day in Annecy where we can wander and chill by the Lake.

I'll update this in a week or two with news abot the deposit etc and will ask you for details about car registration/passport etc so that I can reserve E/Tunnel. To be clear, we'll head out early on the Sunday 27th, arriving in the Rhone Alpes that evening, giving us 5 nights in the same Hotel - with 4 'round robins', taking a leisurely drive home on the Friday/Sat....we'll be back in Blighty on Sat the 2nd end of the afternoon......

1/ Mark G
2/ sparky jay
4/ Phil Da Flasher
5) rob beeeeeeee
6) Gary
8/chris the car
9 is more than a number

sparkyj83

Postby sparkyj83 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:12 pm

1/ Mark G
2/ sparkyj83 no can do im afraid (misses want to go away for my daughters bday can't miss it twice a row)
4/ Phil Da Flasher
5) rob beeeeeeee
6) Gary
8/chris the car

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”