London to Brighton

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Weathers

London to Brighton

Postby Weathers » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:33 pm

Off on the L2B tomorrow. Never done it before so looking forward to the experience and Mrs W is furiously packing (don't think she's cottoned on to the fact the only storage is full of tools etc!!!). Never had a passenger before and up until now thought the passenger seat was for holding all the useful stuff and goodies???? :lol: I'm not prepared to put the luggage rack on for a day outing!!!!

Will report back on how it goes. :D

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: London to Brighton

Postby greenwoo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Mrs W is furiously packing
blimey if she 'packs' for a day out how much gear does she take on holiday?
coat - check
wallet - check
recovery card - check
jobs a good'un

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Have a good one Chris
I was going to put my name down but never actually got around to do it.
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:26 am

greenwoo wrote:
Mrs W is furiously packing
blimey if she 'packs' for a day out how much gear does she take on holiday?
coat - check
wallet - check
recovery card - check
jobs a good'un

Ha ha Mark you'd honestly not believe the amount of "kit" bless her plus a full on banquette including sandwiches, biscuits, crisps, apples.... the list goes on. Bottomed the car out twice en route which has never happened before!
I'm probably equally as guilty of the "just in case" tool kits etc half of which I ditched before we set off. I don't know why I carry them really because unless it's a loose nut and bolt I'm pretty much in the hands of the AA and the subsequent garage! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thought we'd be lighter on the way home but 300 tons of Brighton rock and goodies for the kids later......

Was a good day out actually helped in no part by James and Jill's company plus some stunning weather and scenery. It's definitely more of a touring atmosphere than a balls out blat but a nice way to spend a sunny Sunday with good company.
Attachments
IMG_1965.JPG
IMG_1963.JPG
IMG_1961.JPG
IMG_1991.JPG
IMG_4698.JPG
IMG_4690.JPG
IMG_4682.JPG
IMG_4669.JPG
IMG_4665.JPG
IMG_4664.JPG

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:31 pm

Yes it was a good day and as Chris said much more of a country jaunt rather than a full on blat. Great start at Brooklands and we will return to have a much better look around next time. The weather was indeed kind to us and we made the whole day without getting wet which is always a blessing. Chris's photos say it all really, there was some great kit around and it is nice to see it all parked up on Madeira Drive at the finish. Well I had a surprise at the finish just before my interview with the commentator. There I was sitting there minding my own business when a voice called out " They'll, let anyone in then?" I turned to see who has made the remark and who was standing there, none other than Rob and Becky. Great to see you both albeit briefly.

The route itself was poorer than last year with far too much time spent on main A roads mixing it with the usual Sunday traffic. Having said that I have learned a lot both in terms of what to do and what not to do in organising the Tonbridge Lions event. I know how much work goes into the route planning, map books etc and they do two runs on the same day.

Chris and Lindsey were great company and the one element of doubt that crept into mine and Jill's map reading was quickly corrected by Chris who had spotted the Lloyds bank in the one way system. Jill is an old hand at thee events and going in the car whilst Lindsey had her first real trip so needed the purchase of a hat in Brighton to prevent total hair destruction and when we left them they were just about to purchase a huge amount of rock ( peppermint variety) whilst I got my hand slapped for suggesting I could get a stick or two from Jill.!!
James
The man in the Red Coat

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Wouldn't mind doing something like this one day, maybe the mrs will come too.. :shock:

Nice photos and glad you got the roof off!
9 is more than a number

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”