Duxford IWM 23rd April

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Fury1630

Duxford IWM 23rd April

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:55 am

There was some interest in a blatt to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford,
Http://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford

How about the 23rd April - that's the Sunday after Easter.

Duxford is a huge site based on the old Battle of Britain aerodrome, it's also an active airfield & home to a number of airworthy "warbirds". There's a huge amount to see & usually something going on in the restoration hangers where they take Spitfires & the like apart re-build them. Distance wise it's about 1 Hr 50 from Guildford / Newlands, going north, so the Men Of Kent can pass east of London, others to the west & collect for breakfast. I have a breakfast venue & route in mind, but only from googling, so if anyone has any suggestions, that would be marvellous :D .

1/ Tony H

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Duxford IWM 23rd April

Postby greenwoo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Duxford is a huge site based on the old Battle of Britain aerodrome, it's also an active airfield & home to a number of airworthy "warbirds". There's a huge amount to see & usually something going on in the restoration hangers where they take Spitfires & the like apart re-build them. Distance wise it's about 1 Hr 50 from Guildford / Newlands, going north, so the Men Of Kent can pass east of London, others to the west & collect for breakfast. I have a breakfast venue & route in mind, but only from googling, so if anyone has any suggestions, that would be marvellous :D .

1/ Tony H
2/ Mark g ( v.small chance may be taking daughter back to Uni)

steve m

Postby steve m » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:25 am

1/ Tony H
3* steve m, 99%
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Jeano

Postby Jeano » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Im out :( Im in Budapest

ChrisL

Postby ChrisL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:33 pm

1/ Tony H
3* steve m, 99%
4/ ChrisL (might not make the IWM but up for breakfast/blat - Tony let me know where you are planning for breakfast and I'll work out a route)
Yes I've been drinking, what of it!!

David T

Postby David T » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:28 am

Count me in. Sorry can't copy list as on mobile.

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:09 pm

1/ Tony H
3* steve m, 99%
4/ ChrisL (might not make the IWM but up for breakfast/blat - Tony let me know where you are planning for breakfast and I'll work out a route)
5/ David T

Red27

Postby Red27 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:10 pm

1/ Tony H
3* steve m, 99%
5/ David T
6/ Linda & Dave (will meet you there as we'll be coming from 'oop North' - poking around the resto hanger definitely worth a trip!)
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

ChrisL

Postby ChrisL » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:42 pm

1/ Tony H
3* steve m, 99%
4/ David T
5/ Linda & Dave (will meet you there as we'll be coming from 'oop North' - poking around the resto hanger definitely worth a trip!)

ChrisL: Sorry I'm dropping out as going to RAF Marham on the Saturday. Still happy to help with the route...
Yes I've been drinking, what of it!!

David T

Postby David T » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:00 am

1/ Tony H
3* steve m, 99%
4/ David T (TBC)
5/ Linda & Dave (will meet you there as we'll be coming from 'oop North' - poking around the resto hanger definitely worth a trip!)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the Saturday charity track day either. Will look to see if I can stay over that side and meet for IWM the next day.

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”