Cheddar Gorge runSept 10th

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

kenton

Re: Cheddar Gorge runSept 10th

Postby kenton » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Just catching up with this thread, TBH I'm not keen on a museum visit. Prefer driving. Felicity is running in a race on sun and I feel I should support her.

I had a look at the route on Google maps earlier and 1:45 to get from Blackbushe to Haynes is a bit optimistic :shock:

Maybe. If so we'll just have to adjust the depart or arrival time. Most likely arrival as its already early enough for those East of us. Anyway, just started to draft the route now. Once roughly complete will be eaiser to forecast the arrival. At the end of the day should be fun day out together more than a military exercise.

UPDATE] Just spoke to the museum. Breakfast club is confirmed for 10 Sep. Cafe opens at 09:00, museum at 09:30. For a group of 15 or more the entrance fee is reduced from £14.50 to £12.50. No advanced notice or anything required.

OK, so as the Haynes run has been merged with this Cheddar run (vintage cheese?) we should now use only this thread to avoid confusion.

Initial thinking is:

[time TBA] - Eastern/Central meeting point (Matt working on the route to Blackbushe)

07:00 - Western pick-up @ Blackbushe airfield car park on A30 south of Camberley (I'm working on the route from here and will share a draft in a day or two)

08:45 - arrive Haynes

09:00 - cafe opens

09:30 - museum

[time TBA] - depart Haynes

Cheddar Gorge

Home via any route, solo or in groups.

Cleaned up list:

1/ Matt H June or Sept
2/
3/ Neil (Nash) Sept preferred
4/ Tony H Still in
5/ Andyf - perhaps add a couple of rendezvous points on the way for those who are further west.
7/ Mike
8/ Mark -
9/ Rich
10/
11/ Hammy (I'm with Any F and Mark ref the start RV)
12/ ChrisL will at Blackbushe which means a 5:30 leave! :o
13/ Martinq357
14/ sparky jay
15/
16/ Bahnstormer
17/ SteveRST
18/ dave z
19/ Steve p
20/ Matt97
21/ Lee G (its just round the corner)
22/
23/ David T
24/ Pekwah1 (September assuming i'm IVA'd by then!)
25/ Neil H - nelmo
26 : Robert

David T

Re: Haynes/Cheddar Gorge - Sept 10th

Postby David T » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:47 pm

HAYNES DETAILS
Breakfast club is confirmed for 10 Sep. Cafe opens at 09:00, museum at 09:30. For a group of 15 or more the entrance fee is reduced from £14.50 to £12.50. No advanced notice or anything required.

TIMINGS
07:00 - Depart Blackbushe airfield car park on A30 south of Camberley
08:00-08:15 - Half way fuel/coffee/pee @ Amesbury Shell station on A303 roudabout
09:15 - Arrive Haynes

ROUTE
Blackbushe to Haynes via quickest Goolge route is 87miles. SatNav route created is exatly 100miles as it deviates to take in some more fun roads. The route should be a quick one compared to a typical West Sussex run. Google says just over 2hrs, so I think we could at least equal that or better given the fact it is early on a Sunday. Please PM me your email address for the route if you think its likely I don't have it already.

AT HAYNES AND ON TO THE GORGE
We have choices:
- Breakfast club (should be some other interesting cars, but I've never been)
- Cafe
- Museum

It's not compulsory to do any of these, its up to you. I'll share a route from Haynes to Cheddar Gorge. Maybe it's likely that those interested in going on to the Gorge would leave in groups, depending on how long they wish to hang around at Haynes. Myself, I'd like to see the museum as I've not been before, and then on to the Gorge maybe late morning.

EASTERNERS
Matt, I leave it up to you or others to organise something if required. Assuming you reach Blackbushe meet point a little before 07:00.

1/ Matt H June or Sept
2/ Neil (Nash) Sept preferred
3/ Tony H Still in
4/ Andyf - perhaps add a couple of rendezvous points on the way for those who are further west.
5/ Mike
6/ Mark -
7/ Rich
8/ Hammy (I'm with Any F and Mark ref the start RV)
9/ ChrisL will at Blackbushe which means a 5:30 leave! :o
10/ Martinq357
11/ sparky jay
12/ Bahnstormer
13/ SteveRST
14/ dave z
15/ Steve p
16/ Matt97
17/ Lee G (its just round the corner)
18/ Weathers (September)
19/ David T
20/ Pekwah1 (September assuming i'm IVA'd by then!)
21/ Neil H - nelmo
22/ Robert

Kitnet

Postby Kitnet » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:47 pm

Its looking like a lot of our guys have either stuff on this date or are put off by the weather. I do have about three still up for this. It may be best they meet you at the museum. Could I get a contact number for those guys that do go so they can join you for the Cheddar run from there. Some are local boys so they could show you the way. :)

David T

Postby David T » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:33 am

Kitnet wrote:Its looking like a lot of our guys have either stuff on this date or are put off by the weather. I do have about three still up for this. It may be best they meet you at the museum. Could I get a contact number for those guys that do go so they can join you for the Cheddar run from there. Some are local boys so they could show you the way. :)

Have sent you PM.

David T

Postby David T » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:45 am

SATNAV
TomTom and CoPilot routes sent to those detailed below.

HAYNES DETAILS
Breakfast club is confirmed for 10 Sep. Cafe opens at 09:00, museum at 09:30. For a group of 15 or more the entrance fee is reduced from £14.50 to £12.50. No advanced notice or anything required.

TIMINGS
08:00-08:15 - Half way fuel/coffee/pee @ Amesbury Shell station on A303 roudabout

ROUTE
Blackbushe to Haynes via quickest Goolge route is 87miles. SatNav route created is exatly 100miles as it deviates to take in some more fun roads. The route should be a quick one compared to a typical West Sussex run. Google says just over 2hrs, so I think we could at least equal that or better given the fact it is early on a Sunday. Please PM me your email address for the route if you think its likely I don't have it already.

We have choices:
- Cafe
- Museum

It's not compulsory to do any of these, its up to you. I'll share a route from Haynes to Cheddar Gorge. Maybe it's likely that those interested in going on to the Gorge would leave in groups, depending on how long they wish to hang around at Haynes. Myself, I'd like to see the museum as I've not been before, and then on to the Gorge maybe late morning.

EASTERNERS
Matt, I leave it up to you or others to organise something if required. Assuming you reach Blackbushe meet point a little before 07:00.

1/ Matt H (SENT)
2/ Neil (Nash) (SENT)
3/ Tony H (SENT)
4/ Andyf (SENT)
5/ Mike (SENT)
6/ Mark (SENT)
7/ Rich (SENT)
8/ Hammy
9/ ChrisL (SENT)
10/ Martinq357 (SENT)
11/ sparky jay
12/ Bahnstormer
13/ SteveRST (SENT)
14/ dave z (SENT)
15/ Steve p
16/ Matt97
17/ Lee G (SENT)
18/ Weathers
19/ David T
20/ Pekwah1
21/ Neil H (SENT)
22/ Robert (SENT)

andyf

Postby andyf » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:26 am

Looks like a good route David, will be fun trying to beat the sat nav. BTW I won the fuel guage bingo game last week :lol:

SATNAV

HAYNES DETAILS

TIMINGS

ROUTE

We have choices:
- Cafe
- Museum

EASTERNERS

1/ Matt H (SENT)
2/ Neil (Nash) (SENT)
3/ Tony H (SENT)
4/ Andyf (SENT)
5/ Mike (SENT)
6/ Mark (SENT)
7/ Rich (SENT)
8/ Hammy
9/ ChrisL (SENT)
10/ Martinq357 (SENT)
11/ sparky jay
12/ Bahnstormer
13/ SteveRST (SENT)
14/ dave z (SENT)
15/ Steve p
16/ Matt97
17/ Lee G (SENT)
18/ Weathers
19/ David T
20/ Pekwah1
21/ Neil H (SENT)
22/ Robert (SENT)
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:13 pm

Does the list need rationalising/updating, there's at least one who isn't going. In view of the start time from the east and to maximise zzzz's (and fuel!!! :lol:) I'm thinking motorway mile muncher to blackbushe with possible rendezvous point / drive thru at Clacketts. Unless anyone else has any other suggestions or route.

SATNAV

HAYNES DETAILS

TIMINGS

ROUTE

We have choices:
- Cafe
- Museum

EASTERNERS

1/ Matt H (SENT)
2/ Neil (Nash) (SENT)
3/ Tony H (SENT)
4/ Andyf (SENT)
5/ Mike (SENT)
6/ Mark (SENT)
7/ Rich (SENT)
8/ Hammy
9/ ChrisL (SENT)
10/ Martinq357 (SENT)
11/ sparky jay
12/ Bahnstormer
13/ SteveRST (SENT)
14/ dave z (SENT)
15/ Steve p
16/ Matt97
17/ Lee G (SENT)
18/ Weathers
19/ David T
20/ Pekwah1
21/ Neil H (SENT)
22/ Robert (SENT)
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

David T

Postby David T » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:48 pm

@Mike: List was cleaned previously based on those whom had declined. If there's more to remove, let me know.

SATNAV

HAYNES DETAILS

TIMINGS

ROUTE

We have choices:
- Cafe
- Museum

EASTERNERS

1/ Matt H (SENT)
2/ Neil (Nash) (SENT)
3/ Tony H (SENT)
4/ Andyf (SENT)
5/ Mike (SENT)
6/ Mark (SENT)
7/ Rich (SENT)
8/ Hammy (SENT)
9/ ChrisL (SENT)
10/ Martinq357 (SENT)
11/ sparky jay (SENT)
12/ Bahnstormer
13/ SteveRST (SENT)
14/ dave z (SENT)
15/ Steve p
16/ Matt97
17/ Lee G (SENT)
18/ Weathers
19/ David T (OBVS)
20/ Pekwah1
21/ Neil H (SENT)
22/ Robert (SENT)

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Sorry, I'm out.
Car still in bits due to "must get tracking done" turning in to "might as well get a full geo done > might as well get new shocks/springs > should really replace all ball joints and rose joints > may as well paint all wishbones / cycle wing brackets > rear chassis may as well be rubbed, treated and painted." :roll:

SATNAV

HAYNES DETAILS

TIMINGS

ROUTE

We have choices:
- Cafe
- Museum

EASTERNERS

1/ Matt H (SENT)
2/ Neil (Nash) (SENT)
3/ Tony H (SENT)
4/ Andyf (SENT)
5/ Mike (SENT)
6/ Mark (SENT)
7/ Rich (SENT)
8/ Hammy (SENT)
9/ ChrisL (SENT)
10/ Martinq357 (SENT)
11/ sparky jay (SENT)
12/ Bahnstormer
13/
14/ dave z (SENT)
15/ Steve p
16/ Matt97
17/ Lee G (SENT)
18/ Weathers
19/ David T (OBVS)
20/ Pekwah1
21/ Neil H (SENT)
22/ Robert (SENT)
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:15 pm

I'm out as off on a track day up norf. Should have posted earlier but forgot.

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”