Leeds Castle Motors by the Mote; May 7th

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: Leeds Castle Motors by the Mote; May 7th

Postby Nash » Sat May 06, 2017 6:49 am

Beefy, et al, for personal reasons I have to drop out of tomorrow's show. I'm really sorry I don't like doing this but it's unavoidable.

Mike I'll ping you separately.

Have a great show.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat May 06, 2017 7:46 pm

Just to confirm the final tally is as below. Weather looking good. See you all at Maidstone Services in the morning. 0830 meet, depart once everyone is present.

1. Mike
2. James and Jill.
3. Colin maybe Sue
4. Andy & Lisa
5. Mark G
6. Kev + 1
7. Dicky94
8. Barns
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun May 07, 2017 1:27 pm

33700561083_49b8817ebf_o.jpg

Having issues with upside down images!

Huge thanks to all who came along, Some great banter was had, Mark and myself were united in the view, the preferred steed would be a C6R corvette in yellow if it wasn't for our love of kitcars.. Not so sure of the rockabilly element though Mr G.. :D Thanks again all :)
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Dicky94

Postby Dicky94 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks boys great day out, kids had a great time shame the sun never showed till the end
Attachments
IMG_2681.JPG

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun May 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Sorry to you all that Sue and myself didn't turn up today, we were both looking forward to catching up with everyone, but a late night in hospital meant I didn't get home till 3 am this morning due to my mother being taken ill.
Looking forward to the photos and the write ups.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Sun May 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Well that was an interesting day. Great to meet new faces and to catch up with old friends. Not really an SKCC type of thing but fun all the same which goes to show it is the company you keep rather than the event itself. Loads of cars about and when Jill and I rocked up to the Junction 8 services thought I had come in the wrong car. There were Minis everywhere, shamefully very few of the proper Mini mainly new German things with chavvy exhausts etc. Really not my cup of tea. We all rocked up eventually, the usual p*** taking banter started and off we went. Andy's wife Lisa later remarked to Jill that she thought we left the services at quite a high speed and not like their recent trip with the Marlin owners, Mike and I looked bemused at the comment as we thought we had left rather slowly as there had been a bit of a traffic jam!!
We were parked up next to the cleaners and polishers of the Kent Kit Car Club and opposite a pair of recovery trucks who spent the entire day giving us all a bloody headache with their bloody airhorns. Personally would have liked to have shoved them where the sun doesn't shine on the two drivers but we just suffered instead. A fair mix of cars from the military section to some exotica but busy all day with people having a wander around. Having said that my day was made up by a sight when we arrived. Opposite was a very clean Skyline, the driver was a gentleman of senior years and he carried everything. He opened his boot, produced a sheet of cardboard, some polish, an electric drill and a rag. He then proceeded to burnish the inside of his cars tailpipes until they shone brighter than the sun itself. To do it with a rag is bad enough but to do the final polish with a power mop just takes the proverbial. He must have had serious potty training issues as a child to be that anal.
Anyway a fun day with the sun only making an appearance during the last hour. Thanks to all those attending for making it a fun day, thank you for all the banter and your excellent company.
Sorry no photos yet so it didn't really happen.
James
The man in the Red Coat

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun May 07, 2017 8:02 pm

@ Mike, thanks for organizing this and for a/ putting up with my banter b/ pointing out some of the politically incorrect comments that i may have made over the years :lol:

good to see everyone, although i had a bit of a 'moment' - i thought that some of another car clubs habits had worn off on one of our crew when i spotted a cleaning cloth and some polish.....for goodness sake man, we have a reputation to uphold! ( if you're going to clean it, do it in private)!

Pity that the sun didn'#t shine until this afternoon, and as for the twat in the recovery lorry honking his horn....

one useful thing was that Mike and I found out that Aeon are worth a chat when it comes to fabrication of many things from roll cages ( non MSA ) to wishbones/bespoke parts....nice chaps to boot.

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sun May 07, 2017 8:13 pm

What they said :lol:
Lots of banter and annoying truck air horns x2
Thanks guys great day out
Attachments
motors at the mote17 086.JPG
motors at the mote17 026.JPG
motors at the mote17 088.JPG
motors at the mote17 087.JPG
motors at the mote17 046.JPG
motors at the mote17 044.JPG
motors at the mote17 060.JPG
motors at the mote17 103.JPG
motors at the mote17 027.JPG
motors at the mote17 003.JPG
IMG_3167.JPG
IMG_3166.JPG
IMG_3165.JPG
IMG_3164.JPG
IMG_3163.JPG
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun May 07, 2017 8:30 pm

:lol: :lol: All part of the banter Mark.

I seriously really enjoyed today, the day passed quickly, no doubt due to the great company and crac, thanks again all for supporting the event. :)

steve m

Postby steve m » Sun May 07, 2017 9:03 pm

what were the yellow and blue yanky things ? not that I give a toss, but they look like transformer shytes

love the Astons though
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”