Leeds Castle Motors by the Mote; May 7th

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Leeds Castle Motors by the Mote; May 7th

Postby b33fy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:46 pm

As title, an opportunity to attend the Motors by the Mote show at Leeds Castle. Lovely venue and feedback from those that have attended previously is very positive. Check out the Leeds castle website for further info. It's £10 per car and we need to be inside the grounds by 0900 and are locked in until 1630. It's a family orientated event so I'm thinking blow the cobwebs off the SWMBO's and sort some Pims and picnics. I'm looking for initial interest to agree a date, either Saturday 6th May or Sunday 7th May, then full commitment and payment after that. If I can demonstrate a strong commitment from the club to the organisers, (one is a personal friend) they will go the extra mile to accommodate the club and make it a great day for us.

One for the management.. have we a club gazebo, flag poles etc?

Please copy and paste the list below stating your preference for attending

1. Mike, Linda, James, Either dates.
Last edited by b33fy on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Nash

Re: Leeds Castle Motors by the Mote; May 6th/7th

Postby Nash » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:53 pm

I have an awning and big TV set up for displaying videos. We have the club sign and someone must be able to provide bunting?!

As title, an opportunity to attend the Motors by the Mote show at Leeds Castle. Lovely venue and feedback from those that have attended previously is very positive. Check out the Leeds castle website for further info. It's £10 per car and we need to be inside the grounds by 0900 and are locked in until 1630. It's a family orientated event so I'm thinking blow the cobwebs off the SWMBO's and sort some Pims and picnics. I'm looking for initial interest to agree a date, either Saturday 6th May or Sunday 7th May, then full commitment and payment after that. If I can demonstrate a strong commitment from the club to the organisers, (one is a personal friend) they will go the extra mile to accommodate the club and make it a great day for us.

2. Neil & Ruth. Prefer Sunday
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:32 pm

I have an awning and big TV set up for displaying videos. We have the club sign and someone must be able to provide bunting?!

3. James and Jill. Prefer Sunday.
James
The man in the Red Coat

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:26 am

4. Colin maybe Sue I'm only a maybe at the mo but it does sound like a good idea.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

andyf

Postby andyf » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:29 pm

4. Colin maybe Sue I'm only a maybe at the mo but it does sound like a good idea.
5. Andy & Lisa Prefer Sunday
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:38 pm

4. Colin maybe Sue Sorry if poss Saturday as we go away on the Monday and need sunday to pack.

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:03 pm

4. Colin maybe Sue Sorry if poss Saturday as we go away on the Monday and need sunday to pack.
6. Tony H + 1

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Firming this up a bit, looks like Sunday is the day, Colin you need to pack on saturday :) I've spoken to my people :roll: and negotiated a hefty 50% off the entry price. So for the cost of a coffee and croissant in Costa or a quick hand job down Luton Arches, you and your passenger/s can spend a day at the castle. Yes that's right, a fiver. :D

Unfortunately no gazebos etc as it would open a can of worms with other clubs. My people also are working on a great pitch for us. So let's make some effort and make this happen with a big turnout. :D

Please add yourself by copying the list below.

6. Tony H + 1[/quote]
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Ok Mike Ill see what I can do, its not me, a Sainsburys bag is all i need when I go away, but Sue wanted to go and you know what women are like when they pack.

Firming this up a bit, looks like Sunday is the day, Colin you need to pack on saturday :) I've spoken to my people :roll: and negotiated a hefty 50% off the entry price. So for the cost of a coffee and croissant in Costa or a quick hand job down Luton Arches, you and your passenger/s can spend a day at the castle. Yes that's right, a fiver. :D

Unfortunately no gazebos etc as it would open a can of worms with other clubs. My people also are working on a great pitch for us. So let's make some effort and make this happen with a big turnout. :D

Please add yourself by copying the list below.

6. Tony H + 1[/quote]

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:37 am

Bump..

A reminder to get this date in your diary for a civilised day out at Leeds Castle, let's make this a showcase event for SKCC. :)

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”