SKCC EU 2017 ?

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: SKCC EU 2017 ?

Postby Nash » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:51 pm

update;
I don't want to lose the main thread content....so please do this by PM. On day 2 we have the chance to swing past Stuttgart and taken in the Porsche Museum or possibly a factory tour. For either we need about an hour and a half and i can work this into the days driving as after this we'd only have around 65m to the Hotel - so would possibly be a nice way to end the afternoon. Cost is minimal - ie/ about a tenner (tbc ). Any interest and if so, do you care/mind/prefer which - museum or factory?

Overall note.
Clearly the pound has taken a kicking so the overall cost will be slightly higher than forecast, can't give you exacts until i pay the final amounts.
There are still spaces available at the Hotels if anyone wants to consider joining in....just PM me for a chat.

update: Hotels have been selected & booked. There will be the chance to add folks to this trip, however there will likely be a small additional cost for singles as we have taken all of the single room/rates at 2 of the hotels.
I have to say without too many spoilers that the 1st Hotel will be fun after the 1st days drive, set overlooking the Moselle river with a treat in store for us. The Hotel where we will be based for 3 nights even has a Pool and Sauna, and for those that want a 'pamper' has a Spa area for massages ( no happy endings ).....
Routes are planned as well and are looking good!

Tuesday to the 2nd Bank Holiday in May, so 6 days 5 nights. Of which according to my calculation ( dependent on finding the right Hotel ) it should be possible to use the same Hotel for the entire duration or at least for 4 nights. Alongside the driving there will be more 'no drivey' opportunities for a bit of fun; possibly zip wire, rafting etc. With a choice of routes /activities.

Cost; Well when i know numbers i can confirm in a bit more detail, suffice to say that I'm looking at £400 give or take a gnats. That'll cover E/Tunnel, hotels inc breakfasts.

Right now i am looking for a hands up as to who would fancy ( and be able ) to come along.
Initial deposit will be towards end Oct, balance end Feb/early March.

1/ Mark
2. Kenton/Felicity
3. Richard
4. Crunchie
5. Neil Paid
6.sparkyj83
7.martin s
8. Chris
9. Rob E
10. Gary (Possibly with James)
11. 9hil 9(Sorry Mark, stupid as charged, in the post next year)
12.Tony beeeeee hive

right barring those that have sent cheques/have agreed to pass on cash there's still a couple that have been 'shy'.
Looks like for the 1st time ever we may have to apply some form of fine, let's say - if any are outstanding by Monday 17th ( with no contact ) then the 1st 2 rounds are down to YOU.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

locost220

Postby locost220 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:28 am

update;
I don't want to lose the main thread content....so please do this by PM. On day 2 we have the chance to swing past Stuttgart and taken in the Porsche Museum or possibly a factory tour. For either we need about an hour and a half and i can work this into the days driving as after this we'd only have around 65m to the Hotel - so would possibly be a nice way to end the afternoon. Cost is minimal - ie/ about a tenner (tbc ). Any interest and if so, do you care/mind/prefer which - museum or factory?

Overall note.
Clearly the pound has taken a kicking so the overall cost will be slightly higher than forecast, can't give you exacts until i pay the final amounts.
There are still spaces available at the Hotels if anyone wants to consider joining in....just PM me for a chat.

update: Hotels have been selected & booked. There will be the chance to add folks to this trip, however there will likely be a small additional cost for singles as we have taken all of the single room/rates at 2 of the hotels.
I have to say without too many spoilers that the 1st Hotel will be fun after the 1st days drive, set overlooking the Moselle river with a treat in store for us. The Hotel where we will be based for 3 nights even has a Pool and Sauna, and for those that want a 'pamper' has a Spa area for massages ( no happy endings ).....
Routes are planned as well and are looking good!

Tuesday to the 2nd Bank Holiday in May, so 6 days 5 nights. Of which according to my calculation ( dependent on finding the right Hotel ) it should be possible to use the same Hotel for the entire duration or at least for 4 nights. Alongside the driving there will be more 'no drivey' opportunities for a bit of fun; possibly zip wire, rafting etc. With a choice of routes /activities.

Cost; Well when i know numbers i can confirm in a bit more detail, suffice to say that I'm looking at £400 give or take a gnats. That'll cover E/Tunnel, hotels inc breakfasts.

Right now i am looking for a hands up as to who would fancy ( and be able ) to come along.
Initial deposit will be towards end Oct, balance end Feb/early March.

1/ Mark
2. Kenton/Felicity
3. Richard
4. Crunchie
5. Neil Paid
6.sparkyj83
7.martin s
8. Chris
9. Rob E
10. Gary (Possibly with James)
11. 9hil 9(Sorry Mark, stupid as charged, in the post next year)
12.Tony beeeeee hive

right barring those that have sent cheques/have agreed to pass on cash there's still a couple that have been 'shy'.
Looks like for the 1st time ever we may have to apply some form of fine, let's say - if any are outstanding by Monday 17th ( with no contact ) then the 1st 2 rounds are down to YOU.

Guys do not forget to inform your insurance company of the countries we are going to as mine like to know and extension of rescue should it be required.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:21 am

sooooo.
Routes are looking damm fine if i say so myself, i'm really looking forward to seeing a little bit of little Luxembourg on the way to Germany. Just got to run through them all to check for dodgy waypoints - or maybe i'll leave a couple in for comedy value :lol:

as Rich said, you may need to tell you insurance co. where you're going; Fr/BE/Lu/DE.

As always have checked the timing for each days driving and all looks hunky dory, and as always there'll be a crib sheet to refer to each day for likely arrival times at coffees/lunch etc as well as Hotel postcodes/address. and just for Felicity i've even checked the spelling for the 'Kugelhopf' .....

so, are we having a 'trad' quiz on the last night?

usual reminders;
insurance/recovery
health insurance/eu health card
EU spares/essentials; triangles/bulbs etc
the routes/timing is a guide, it's your holiday/break so treat it as such

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:52 am

sooooo.
Routes are looking damm fine if i say so myself, i'm really looking forward to seeing a little bit of little Luxembourg on the way to Germany. Just got to run through them all to check for dodgy waypoints - or maybe i'll leave a couple in for comedy value :lol:

as Rich said, you may need to tell you insurance co. where you're going; Fr/BE/Lu/DE.

As always have checked the timing for each days driving and all looks hunky dory, and as always there'll be a crib sheet to refer to each day for likely arrival times at coffees/lunch etc as well as Hotel postcodes/address. and just for Felicity i've even checked the spelling for the 'Kugelhopf' .....

usual reminders;
insurance/recovery

Quiz Yes

Stickerage captain ?
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:40 pm

sooooo.

usual reminders;
insurance/recovery

Quiz

Rich- Yes
Phil- Yes

Stickerage captain x 2???
9 is more than a number

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:05 pm

sooooo.

usual reminders;
insurance/recovery

Quiz

Rich- Yes
Phil- Yes
Neil- Yes

Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Mon May 01, 2017 10:54 am

sooooo.

usual reminders;
insurance/recovery

Quiz

Rich- Yes
Phi9- Yes
Niel- Yes
roB : yEs
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

kenton

Postby kenton » Mon May 01, 2017 9:08 pm

sooooo.

usual reminders;
insurance/recovery

Quiz

Rich- Yes
Phi9- Yes
Niel- Yes
Kenton Yes
Felicity Yes

gdp66

Postby gdp66 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:53 am

sooooo.

usual reminders;
insurance/recovery

Quiz

Rich- Yes
Phi9- Yes
Niel- Yes
Kenton Yes
Felicity Yes
Gary Yes

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Tue May 02, 2017 9:10 am

3 weeks today.... excited, much!!!

sooooo.

usual reminders;
insurance/recovery

Quiz

Rich- Yes
Phi9- Yes
Niel- Yes
Kenton Yes
Felicity Yes