SKCC EU 2017 ?

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

SKCC EU 2017 ?

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Well it's to to think of plans for next years trip, but before getting ahead of myself I wanted to check what level of interest there is as this obviously has a major impact on bringing the germ of a plan to life.
As you guys know these trips started ( and continue ) with the premise that I fancy a trip away and on that basis am happy to extend the invitation to those that fancy joining in.

Having pored over maps, checked distances and looked at the weather vane the reality for next year is simple. An EU trip again, but where? This years trip worked out well in having a stable base for a number of days and roads around the Black Forest are plentiful. In fact there's an untapped area which only a few guys did on this years Tour to the west which takes in the Danube type area.

Thinking right now is; Tuesday to the 2nd Bank Holiday in May, so 6 days 5 nights. Of which according to my calculation ( dependent on finding the right Hotel ) it should be possible to use the same Hotel for the entire duration or at least for 4 nights. Alongside the driving there will be more 'no drivey' opportunities for a bit of fun; possibly zip wire, rafting etc. With a choice of routes /activities.

Cost; Well when i know numbers i can confirm in a bit more detail, suffice to say that I'm looking at £400 give or take a gnats. That'll cover E/Tunnel, hotels inc breakfasts.

Right now i am looking for a hands up as to who would fancy ( and be able ) to come along.
Initial deposit will be towards end Oct, balance end Feb/early March.

1/ Mark

kenton

Re: SKCC EU 2017 ?

Postby kenton » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:28 pm

Well it's to to think of plans for next years trip, but before getting ahead of myself I wanted to check what level of interest there is as this obviously has a major impact on bringing the germ of a plan to life.
As you guys know these trips started ( and continue ) with the premise that I fancy a trip away and on that basis am happy to extend the invitation to those that fancy joining in.

Having pored over maps, checked distances and looked at the weather vane the reality for next year is simple. An EU trip again, but where? This years trip worked out well in having a stable base for a number of days and roads around the Black Forest are plentiful. In fact there's an untapped area which only a few guys did on this years Tour to the west which takes in the Danube type area.

Thinking right now is; Tuesday to the 2nd Bank Holiday in May, so 6 days 5 nights. Of which according to my calculation ( dependent on finding the right Hotel ) it should be possible to use the same Hotel for the entire duration or at least for 4 nights. Alongside the driving there will be more 'no drivey' opportunities for a bit of fun; possibly zip wire, rafting etc. With a choice of routes /activities.

Cost; Well when i know numbers i can confirm in a bit more detail, suffice to say that I'm looking at £400 give or take a gnats. That'll cover E/Tunnel, hotels inc breakfasts.

Right now i am looking for a hands up as to who would fancy ( and be able ) to come along.

1/ Mark
2. Kenton/Felicity

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:03 pm

1/ Mark
2. Kenton/Felicity
3. Richard
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:04 am

1/ Mark
2. Kenton/Felicity
3. Richard
4. Crunchie

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:06 am

1/ Mark
2. Kenton/Felicity
3. Richard
4. Crunchie
5. Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

sparkyj83

Postby sparkyj83 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:30 am

Nash
Unread postThu Jul 21, 2016 9:06 am

1/ Mark
2. Kenton/Felicity
3. Richard
4. Crunchie
5. Neil
6.sparkyj83

Martin S

Postby Martin S » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:37 pm

Nash
Unread postThu Jul 21, 2016 9:06 am

1/ Mark
2. Kenton/Felicity
3. Richard
4. Crunchie
5. Neil
6.sparkyj83
7.martin s

Toltec

Postby Toltec » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:52 pm

1/ Mark
2. Kenton/Felicity
3. Richard
4. Crunchie
5. Neil
6.sparkyj83
7.martin s
8. Chris

leegav

Postby leegav » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:24 pm

1/ Mark
2. Kenton/Felicity
3. Richard
4. Crunchie
5. Neil
6.sparkyj83
7.martin s
8. Chris
9. Lee
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:36 am

Update: Hotels have been selected & booked. There will be the chance to add folks to this trip, however there will likely be a small additional cost for singles as we have taken all of the single room/rates at 2 of the hotels.
I have to say without too many spoilers that the 1st Hotel will be fun after the 1st days drive, set overlooking the Moselle river with a treat in store for us. The Hotel where we will be based for 3 nights even has a Pool and Sauna, and for those that want a 'pamper' has a Spa area for massages ( no happy endings ).....
Routes are planned as well and are looking good!

Tuesday to the 2nd Bank Holiday in May, so 6 days 5 nights. Of which according to my calculation ( dependent on finding the right Hotel ) it should be possible to use the same Hotel for the entire duration or at least for 4 nights. Alongside the driving there will be more 'no drivey' opportunities for a bit of fun; possibly zip wire, rafting etc. With a choice of routes /activities.

1/ Mark
2. Kenton/Felicity
3. Richard
4. Crunchie
5. Neil
6.sparkyj83
7.martin s
8. Chris
9. LeeGav
10. Rich Oakes

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”