Southern Big Brekkie Run 09

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Contaminated

Southern Big Brekkie Run 09

Postby Contaminated » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Actually only seen this today, so I thought I'd start my first post with a copyright infringement!
Attachments
Southern Brekkie.jpg
Southern Brekkie.jpg (155.35 KiB) Viewed 3576 times

having fun

Re: Southern Big Brekkie Run 09

Postby having fun » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:03 pm

That looked like a great day out, is it going to be repeated this year?

trial2

Postby trial2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:55 am

Yeah i'd be interested in that as well

Rat Boy

Postby Rat Boy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:24 pm

What an excellent day that was - and what a great turnout too!!
I only heard through the grapevine the day before that there was going to be a meeting of 'various' cars just down the road from me.
Mark's face was a picture as I pulled into the pub car park and he said to me "what on earth are you doing in that? - where's your Cobra?"
I'd got up late that morning and just jumped into what was nearest to the workshop door!
I had imagined a small gathering of cars, a wander round for a chat with a few owners and then back off home for breakfast.
I certainly didn't expect to be pedalling my old truck as fast as I could over Ide Hill, trying desperately to keep up with 40 or so Westfields, Tigers, Caterhams, Cobras, Furys, MK Indy's, JBA's etc....................
Things got even more interesting as the run turned into a kind of Wacky Races with brightly coloured cars, lacking in the modern convenience of SATNAV, taking every different exit of the roundabouts along the route.
Meanwhile my navigator watched the road ahead intently but never uttered a word as to where we should be going - but then she was struggling to hold the map in her paws :D
Somehow we all seemed to meet up at our destination and the slight 'detours' on the way there made the day all the more fun.
It was good to meet up with some old faces and to meet some new faces too.
Well done Mark for organising a great day out - Can't wait for the next one.....maybe in a more suitable carriage though!
THERE IS ALWAYS ONE.JPG
THERE IS ALWAYS ONE.JPG (127.88 KiB) Viewed 3516 times
SILENT NAVIGATOR.jpg
SILENT NAVIGATOR.jpg (89.78 KiB) Viewed 3516 times

dave.n

Postby dave.n » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Now, I know Rat's navigator personaly and never seen such a worried expression on her face. It must have been one hell of a ride.

But then on arrival at the local gas station (to destination) I was witness to cars going in every concievable direction.
Great day.
ROLL ON SUMMER

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:01 pm

oh thanks Dave, a sly dig at my navigating skills that resulted in 'my' convoy heading in 3 seperate directions - with me leading a group back towards London :-)
Don't worry chaps - Tom Tom installed and ready for action this year!!

Rat Boy

Postby Rat Boy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:16 am

dave.n wrote:Now, I know Rat's navigator personaly and never seen such a worried expression on her face. It must have been one hell of a ride.

But then on arrival at the local gas station (to destination) I was witness to cars going in every concievable direction.
Great day.
ROLL ON SUMMER

:D :D

Hi Dave - guessed it wouldn't be long until you popped up on here!
My navigator didn't need to tell me the way - I just followed your trail of gearbox oil !! :o
Are you going to let me fit that new oil seal?......or shall I get a new T5 on order for you and keep the trailer on stand by?!!!

dave.n

Postby dave.n » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Rat Boy wrote:
dave.n wrote:Now, I know Rat's navigator personaly and never seen such a worried expression on her face. It must have been one hell of a ride.

Great day.
ROLL ON SUMMER

:D :D

Hi Dave - guessed it wouldn't be long until you popped up on here!
My navigator didn't need to tell me the way - I just followed your trail of gearbox oil !! :o
Are you going to let me fit that new oil seal?......or shall I get a new T5 on order for you and keep the trailer on stand by?!!!

Your just happy I'm popped up on here and not popped up round the workshop pestering you and Big J.
As for the oil seal (what! is there really supposed to be one there??). Just gonna scrutanise my fixtures and may give you call shortly. Need to bend your ear and see what you think of my car roof.

Ianz18Avon

Postby Ianz18Avon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Thouroughly enjoyed that day, even if I overshot the Bentley entrance! :shock:
Looking forwards to more this year too.

Ian

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”