The Big Brekkie Run Sunday 25th April.

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

turboblade

Re: The Big Brekkie Run Sunday 25th April.

Postby turboblade » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Not going to make it I'm afraid... Next time!

jc

bi22le

Postby bi22le » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Well everybody I picked up the new car today so I'm a very happy bunny!
See you all tomorrow!

plug

Postby plug » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Well was hoping to be posting on here about joining you lot tomorrow but the car has decided to spring a leak and piddle water on the floor. Looks like the rad may have a split in in :(
It was booked in at Indulgance next week for a check over but now may need a bit more work :!:

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Sorry to hear that Dave....

Right folks i think most of you know the rules + 'Blattiquette' of convoy driving. But never hurts to be reminded!
Its all about the car behind you! Look after and look out for the car behind, if it suddenly isn't in your mirrors let those in front of you know ( a hott/flash whatever ) and SLOW down - STOP.
Try and drive at a nice steady pace in comparison to the car in front of you - not right up its backside, but close enough to stay information - especially when coming to junctions. Effectively drive to the pace of the car behind you, the convoy/group should be able to drive as fast as the last car. Plenty of singalling for junctions, if necessary wait just around the corner so that the one behind can see where the group has gone. Ideally last car to run with its headlights on ( easier for the 'leader' to see that the last car is in sight.

Have a good run one and all and look forward to seeing you at the Cafe. Do remember that these 'events' are an opportunity to meet folks from further afield, so do take the time to have a natter with folks outside of your 'normal' group.

That's all, carry on........

Furyous Kev

Postby Furyous Kev » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:04 pm

anybody going from croydon area
Racing is life!
Anything that happens before or
after is just waiting.....Steve McQueen

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:36 pm

i can't make it ,got to work barhumbug , roll on next week end , have a good boys cheers paul

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:41 pm

A few photos for anyone who couldn't make it. I would've photographed the breakfast bagette, but it wasn't around long enough :)
Attachments
Loco & 7s 1 Sm.jpg
Loco & 7s 1 Sm.jpg (186.07 KiB) Viewed 3078 times
7s 2 Sm.jpg
7s 2 Sm.jpg (194.26 KiB) Viewed 3078 times
7s 1 Sm.jpg
7s 1 Sm.jpg (161.1 KiB) Viewed 3078 times

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Well the turnout was less than than last year, but hey - i think we all had a good time: good excuse to get the cars out and meet a few new folks, and of course some old faces - which is what its all about! to put the meet into perspective, i popped into another regular club meet on the way home to find 4 cars - 2 of which had been out with us......perhaps that tells a story?
nice to see you all, hope you all had a good run.....'til the next one....Mark G

bi22le

Postby bi22le » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Thanks again for the invite. Im still smilling from my drive home. An hour and 40mins of B road heven!

Its nice to have a car worthy of driving again.

Whens the next one!!??

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Cheers for the Invite gents gave me an opertunity to try the car out after latest woes and see some nice cars and meet a few folk.

Hopefully see a few more next weekend and a few beers as well.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”