23rd May - Pistonheads Run

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: 23rd May - Pistonheads Run

Postby Tony B » Sun May 23, 2010 8:25 pm

very interesting run as you say, ive never witnessed such a large group of cars suddenly devided up into ever decreasing groups, when i was playing telephone tag with Mark there was a load of others on mobiles trying to give instructions to their chums on how to get to the final meet.

Still, run up was good at silly o'clock was very good, and also the run down to Hayling was a laugh, but the run back was a nightmare, left weatherspoons at 10 ish and the roads were completely jammed, we took a detour up to Midhurst and along the 272 but it took forever, average of about 20 to 30 mph i reckon - bloody sunshine, brings out all the locals!!

Also a very sad day indeed, Mark picked up a yellow finch in his nosecone on the way down, all efforts to try and revive the little feathered friend failed and although I suggested he mount it at the front of his nose as a 'trophy' he declined the suggestion and we peformed a burial in the car park :D :D

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun May 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Tony B wrote:Also a very sad day indeed, Mark picked up a yellow finch in his nosecone on the way down, all efforts to try and revive the little feathered friend failed and although I suggested he mount it at the front of his nose as a 'trophy' he declined the suggestion and we peformed a burial in the car park :D :D

Should have taken it home for the BBQ....!

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun May 23, 2010 10:30 pm

Good job it wasn't Paul's car that got the yellow finch you might never have noticed it........... Mind you if it was Pauls car the bird would have hit yours fisrt Tony ;)

.........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Nogoingback

Postby Nogoingback » Mon May 24, 2010 12:12 pm

Big thanks to my driver for the day TonyB.
Bit of a bubble and squeak of a day but a pleasant ride out down to the coast.

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:23 pm

ar you saying im slow neil that hurts sir :lol: :lol: any way a roadrunner looks nice mateing a green wheely bin :o he will never forgive me for that cheers paul

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon May 24, 2010 9:41 pm

Paul,
Not saying you're slow. I was saying that you are normally 2 inches off Tony's rear end (if you'll pardon the expression) so the Finch would hit his car first. :roll: It's not the same when you have to explain it :mrgreen:

Hows the car coming along?

.........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Tue May 25, 2010 6:34 am

2 inches so he can check his make up in my shiny rear end .....

Mind you, doesnt matter if your 2 inches or 2 miles - the fact is he's always behind me :lol: :lol:

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:41 pm

its nice to chase shiny things , and see tony worrying about me on his tail :lol: :lol: never did get jokes neil .hope car gets on the road soon mate cheers paul

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue May 25, 2010 8:45 pm

the only reason he's 2 inches behind you Tony is he's a short sighted bouffant boy.......can't resist keeping his mop coiffeured at 70mph

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Tue May 25, 2010 8:49 pm

greenwoo wrote:the only reason he's 2 inches behind you Tony is he's a short sighted bouffant boy.......can't resist keeping his mop coiffeured at 70mph

I think youve sussed it Mark, and on Sunday he must have been having a bad hair day after he left my shiny bum alone but almost took my shiny side off instead - my airbag called 'Bryan' almost went off !

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”