JD Classics Breakfast Open Morning 25th March

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

locost220

Re: JD Classics Breakfast Open Morning 25th March

Postby locost220 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:25 am

No problem mate glad to be of assistance in any way, glad it appears to be nothing more than a started motor.m

On a different note sad to have to acknowledge I'm getting old, in bed by 10 last night and arms and back feel like I've been to the gym.
Time to swap me seats over me thinks.
Rich
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Red27

Postby Red27 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:02 am

Know how you feel Rich, I was like that after the first run of any distance in Tiger last weekend. But I'm a girl. So, if you don't want to admit to getting old, that's another option for you :lol: :lol: :oops:
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Worxbusa Phil wrote:Thanks lads great day very cold on the way to meet point Ruby now wants me to fit a heater THANKS LADS.

don't bother mate mine just burns my knee and the rest gets cold,and adds weight so it will slow you down and we can't have that ruby will get bored :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:44 pm

zxr400 wrote:
Worxbusa Phil wrote:Thanks lads great day very cold on the way to meet point Ruby now wants me to fit a heater THANKS LADS.

don't bother mate mine just burns my knee and the rest gets cold,and adds weight so it will slow you down and we can't have that ruby will get bored :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diy heated jackets is the way to go :-) i tried mine for the first time today and im really impressed, total cost about a tenner! Ill let you have the instructions next time i see you

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:12 pm

i would zzzz like to have zzz a go at makeing zzz one those tony zzzz zz :lol: :lol:

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:17 pm

what a day.
Mafe the daft assumption that Sunday was going to be as warm as Saturday....err wrong! and as a consequence left all the heated gear at home.....schoolboy error as it was a tad parky.

James rocked up at mine at about 6.30 and off we set, the fog wasnt too bad, just a patch here and there really. Heartening sight at Mcds - although muppet baton handed to newbe James who had forgotten to top up as we stood around nattering. Off we set through Esssex's less lovely roads, although the nearer we got to Maldon the better they became. A wander around and a bacon sarnie lifted the damp/cold briefly before we set off for our fish n chips.

A slight waypoint error caused us to lose Dave from the back of our merry group of 5, and with Phil, Richard and Graham somewhere ahead of us we plowed on, me, Dick, Neil and Paul. We caught up all manner of Sunday Muppetary but dispatched them one by one when teh coast was clear. The rear of teh Tiger felt loose and talking to Dick today he mentioned how dusty the roads were and how he could see the rear of mine slipping all over the place, i can only imagine what it was like driving his beast with old TR1's on each corner trying to hold 300+ horses!!!
Hats off by teh way Dick, you didnt hold anyone up at all.....nice driving.

Aldeburgh is a place to be revisited by Mr G, i'd like to have a wander round teh town and as for the chips - a split decision, i rated them, but the true connoiseur ( Neil obviously ) reckoned they werent up to scratch.

After a quick photo opp we headed back and as usual the group got split with James, Neil and I running in formation, leapfrogging the 30 mile an hour merchants when time + space allowed. (SIDE NOTE - it appears that folks in Suffolk dont like being overtaken even if there's a bloody great space to pull into and they're doing 20mph less than the limit).....

There was a cple of times when i wished i'd spent more time working on the teleporter idea to get me and the Tiger and i home in a nano second, especially down 2 miles of single track road when we followed an Octogenarian at about 15mph. I almost took up knitting for that stretch.

And then the M25 was in sight and using mr Sat Nav as ( hopefully ) a more accurate speedo we were able to sneak past a few cars in the 50 restriction before hitting the final mile or two for home. As i camwe up teh lane i realised that there was a pint with my name on it......bloody hell how wrong was i. Turned out the landlord was leaving today and yesterday ran out of just about anything that i'd drink ( good job you didnt come out Matt ) no fosters, ran out of guinness, ran out of 'cardi.....goodness knows how the hell i got soo 'messed up'......which is why there wasnt a Captains Report yesterday, my fingers wouldnt work in harmony with the slurred words in my head!!

Great day, reckon about 240-250 miles and sooo looking forward to France and then teh Road Trip.....

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:21 am

Well I managed to crack 300 miles yesterday by the time I got home. I can confirm I felt ok physically but I was tired. Didn't watch the GP until today, thats how tired I was!

Good to see everyone today old and new. Well done James for winning the most inappropriately dressed for the weather award. Remember there is no such thing as the wrong weather, just the wrong clothes! :D Sorry you couldn't make in Linda, need to nick the comode out of Tony's car :shock:

JD was great but the queue for the catering van (and I do mean catering van and not caterham) was rediculous. I gave up in the end as I thought 25 minutes standing there for a coffee was excessive. So very grumpy without my second coffee of the day. :( cars at JD were excellent and it was nice to see there were different to last year and just as spectacular.

Fish and chips were ok but after 72 miles to get there from JD I was expecting better. Aldeburgh looks very pretty and more time to explore would have been a bonus but it was 2pm and we did have to get a shift on as it was a long drive back. One photo op later we headed home.

Good hoon back home but as Mark said on occasion getting stuck behind someone in a mini people carrier doing <20mph down a single track road for 2 miles when you know you still have 100 miles ahead of you does wear you down.

Good day out and it does whet the appatite for France, the Road Trip and JoG.

..........................Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Red27

Postby Red27 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:01 am

Nash wrote:Sorry you couldn't make in Linda, need to nick the comode out of Tony's car :shock:

So am I. Was all ready, even got my crash helmet and "tunes" on, but after rushing in and out of the loo like that for the third time I decided, with reluctance, that it was wise to stay put...... :cry:
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:48 am

Red27 wrote:
Nash wrote:Sorry you couldn't make in Linda, need to nick the comode out of Tony's car :shock:

So am I. Was all ready, even got my crash helmet and "tunes" on, but after rushing in and out of the loo like that for the third time I decided, with reluctance, that it was wise to stay put...... :cry:

Your not having it, it's mine !!!! :)

And Lindy, I heard what you were putting down the lavvy at the weekend, you aint putting that in my comode :lol:

James

Postby James » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:44 am

The run to marks place made me think i should go back to bed with the fog, remembering saturday was a cracking day i removed the screen and was aero.. brr glad i had my snowboard coat on as the only thing that got cold was my hands!

We setoff to the meet point with a few minor issues as this was the first proper run the caterham will have done since september, the splippery road and my not so honed in right foot soon reminded me that the green machine has a bite and will take no prisoners..

I had to wait for James to fill up his car so we setoff last and had a gentle trot to JD classics trying to get to grips with my car again, as we arrived it was clear that james and lauren had not taken windchill into account and looked like human ice cubes... buy some warmer clothes..

After JD i was going to go home with James and Lauren but decided after getting them on there way that i would do the fish n chip shop run so setoff at pace to catchup the other groups.. well i made it to the chip shop after an absolute stonking drive, the sun kept breaking through, the road was dry and my rear tyres were warm but reminding me they need replacing, wow what a 1st run. Chips were less than average imo and they didnt have savaloy??

As mark and neil say the run home was great in places and un like those gents i decided i wasent going to wait for the knobber in his people carrier and squeezed past :) Mark set a interesting pace with Neil in pursuit and i just tagged on the end enjoying the pebble dashing from neil...

All in all a good run and a healthy 250+ miles racked up.. now i need new rear tyres!

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”