SKCC stand at Detling

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

AshG

Re: SKCC stand at Detling

Postby AshG » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Just want to say a big thank you to mark and all the guys for setting up such a good area it really made the day. im sorry i wasnt about to help more, will make a lot more effort to pitch in next time.

being in the hall most of the day i did get to hear quite a few nice comments from visitors and traders about skcc being by far the best club turn out and set-up. Its something to be really proud of especially considering the length of time that skcc has been in existence.

Have to say it again. well done Mark for initiating all of this it was nice to do and see something different rather than the usual dump a bunch of nice cars on a stand and disappear off around the show.

daxmatt

Postby daxmatt » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:55 pm

daxmatt

Postby daxmatt » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Great Day. Finally got home about 7.30pm tonight after we had unloaded the truck :shock:

Glad I took all the rear seats out and that we decided to travel light :roll:

Great to meet and put faces to so many of you lot today. Well done to Liz for suffering the smoke inhalation of the BBQ to feed us.

Well done to 7 Indulgence for the Pre-Meet and looking after us so well.

.................... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

daxmatt

Postby daxmatt » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:03 pm

daxmatt

Postby daxmatt » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:04 pm

far to much cider in there for my liking.........

daxmatt

Postby daxmatt » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:05 pm

daxmatt

Postby daxmatt » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:06 pm

i've just spotted the bbq :lol:

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Mmm don't know what happened there, was trying to post and the PC threw a hissy fit.

Well Guys n Gals, glad that you all enjoyed yourselves, after all that's the bottom line, it's great to hera 3rd party comments about the 'stand/area' and our efforts - but that's just the icing on the cake - the key point is did we all have a bit of fun!

Putting on any event takes time, effeort and help. So many thanks to Dan, Liz, Ben for pitching in and special mention - infact he gets the GC ( Greenwood Cross ) goes to Neil, not only did ge help setting up but was kind enough to travel in the opposite direction to home to drop the gear back at mine. Cheers to you all.

As i've said before, doesn't matter how many members there are on paper, no talk, no action and there is no club. So its nice to hear your feedback, and i'd encourage you all to make more use of the forum to arrange your own gatherings/runs or just to come along to the next 'Group' events.

Easy option at these shows is to rock up, drop the car in the designated area and bugger off for a looksee, which frankly at Detling would take all of an hour! I think we had a different day - the meeting at Indulgence ( cheers Job/Graham + Co. ) gave us all the chance to catch up with old friends and meet new ones. Then the meandering run, ok, a gentle meander not a blat, nevertheless amusing - especially given James antics at halting the traffic for us! .... Now i know why the Audi A3 wanted to prove a point :-)
and then to the show where the marquee, BBQ and a few sounds gave us a focal point to return to and a further chance to mingle.

All in all I definitely enjoyed myself, and glad that you did as well!!!!!
In fact i'm wondering if we should have a sort of repeat: BBQ + social after a bit of a run out? The coming months are always busy, but if we have enough interest i'd suggest 1st weekend in June. Possibly the Sunday....meet 1 point for a coffee/natter and then have a run for an hour or so to a venue where we could either deploy Marquee/sounds/bbq or possibly do a pub type thing ( personally i favour the former as it makes it 'our' day ). Don't comment on that in this thread please, just pop me a PM with any thoughts/comments.

Once again, great to see you all
Cheers Mark :D

Ianz18Avon

Postby Ianz18Avon » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:29 am

I'm a bit late with the Thank you, but thanks to everyone that organised and helped, sorry I wasn't around much.

Ian
Last edited by Ianz18Avon on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”