Le Blat France - 17th April

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: Le Blat France - 17th April

Postby Nash » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:00 pm

What a top day. It's hard to describe the Size of the feel good factor that the day generated. The day was great for a number of reasons, weather, good planning (the route not the weather, you can't claim that one Mark), the roads were a hoot in the main, the stops at the canal, Azincourt, Hesdin and Le Touquet were spot on as they were all places that you would want to visit again (yes they were that pretty) but a couple of things really stood out that crowned the day, our ability to create a crowd and an admiring crowd at that as the people just loved the show and the fact nothing happened to detract from the day as the cars and drivers behaved perfectly. The grouping element really worked with 3 groups for although it would be great to have all 12 cars thundering along together the reality of keeping that together logistically would have detracted from the driving. It also meant when we met up at the pit stops (the above mentioned locations) we all had a tale to tell. The blat back to the ferry added some drama to the day (It was a good idea NOT to helmet up for that blat :D Despite the crap that Discovery kicked up ;) as I can now tie a knot at the back of my head were the skin has been pushed back. This kind of nip and tuck would normally cost a fortune.

I will post pics later but if you search google earth for Ashford in Kent now you will see me looking back at you for two reasons: the glow from my VERY sunburned face :oops: but mainly from the huge grin I will have for a very long time. :D

....... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

AshG

Postby AshG » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:46 pm

sounds like you guys had a great day. im totally gutted that i couldn't come. unfortunately i had got get drunk instead and celebrate my mate being tied down for the rest of his life lol.

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Me too .... Gutted I couldn't come but garage and husband duties called. Going to get my car back on the road in may, clean it up a bit and get driving!!!!
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:39 pm

well i shall remeber that run, 4 clock start , 11.30pm home , 400 miles. tony,brian and me had a good blat back , till we had no petrol left or energy , were did sunday go i think i missed it , what a great day , thanks mark for all time it must of took to make it happen , and the map to keep in my folder , good gref have i done a sensible post , cant have that have my reputation to keep :lol: cheers paul

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:50 pm

well i shall remeber that run, 4 clock start , 11.30pm home , 400 miles. tony,brian and me had a good blat back , till we had no petrol left or energy , were did sunday go i think i missed it , what a great day , thanks mark for all time it must of took to make it happen , and the map to keep in my folder , good gref have i done a sensible post , cant have that have my reputation to keep cheers paul

:D Getting better Paul, i actually read this just once and knew what you were saying!

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Finally sorted some pics out, enjoy:

The Crossing:

The Canal:

The Cob needs to get some heat in the tyres to keep up with the 7's ;)

The T Bucket needs some tyres :D

Lunch takes its toll on the hard working organiser.... it says here:

Loose the Arrows... Azincourt:

Le Touquet Sea Front as a crowd gathers:

Le Touquet Promenade:

What a cracking day.

............Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:33 am

Arrived home this morning after the 'buy one get one free' holiday courteously of the volcano. So when the next blat?

nonuts

Postby nonuts » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:43 am

Nash wrote:Loose the Arrows... Azincourt:

Hello, just signed up to say hello as we saw your little group near Calais on Saturday.

We were on our own little PH emergency rescue mission to Reims, the Gulf coloured car overtook both an e34 540 and my e36 M3 whilst trying to upset some locals. Image

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 am

err that might have been me :D
Wondered what you chaps were up to! I don't recall upsetting any locals though, i thought they were shouting encouragement to open up the 'taps' ?

Nonuts - i popped a post on PH as i wondered about the idea of a OH run to Le Touquet later in the year, our few cars caused a stir, i wondered what 50+ pistonheaders + our goodselves could achieve ? might that be of any interest to any of your PH crew? Idea would be to let PH or individuals arrange their own route ( although happy to share ours ) and then get to LT for say 1pm. Park 'em up , have lunch, create a mini car show......

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”